• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Name for a new Dog

names not on the list that sell me are:

Mako, Teebird, Sonic, Nuke, Flash (lol), Flick, Storm, Breeze, Magnet, or Tracker!

if you name him Flash he will be the coolest dog, and you will be the coolest person ever!

We just got the dog and the name we could both live with is Deuce. A lot of the names mentioned we had talked about before.

Heres Deuce

22467_1351377427513_1323699836_30980651_820769_n.jpg

Awwwww Deuce is adorable! I can smell the puppy breath from here.

When we got Ike as a pup he rode home in my wifes arms just like your picture. He rode for about an hour and a half and then as soon as we turned into the driveway he barfed all over her :lol:

Congrats Dave, keep the pics coming!

Working Stiff said:
No matter what I name a dog, I end up yelling "Get over here, Doofus" over and over. Next time I'm just going to name the dog Doofus and be done with it.

Hehe, we've always let the animals earn their names in our family. The dog I spent my late teens with, a big ol' Chesapeake Bay retriever/brown bear mix was aptly named "Lummox." Sadly, my folks just had to put him down recently. R.I.P., Lum Dog.

But back on topic, "Bogey" would be a cool name for a dog, but maybe not one you'd want to be repeating on the course too much.

i had an Annie for many years

named for disc golf? no, but i was pleased after i discovered it
her name came from The Downward Spiral (The Becoming)
cuz Supernaut got vetoed the rents :lol:

<---- still the only guy to vote for Deuce

So dave have you picked up any deuces yet :lol:

I recall hearing a story....

Guy calls his dogs to him.... 'Birdie, Bogey, come here'

Woman says 'Oh, that's cute, you named your dogs after your golf game'.

Guy says 'No, if I'd named them after my golf game they'd be Triple Bogey and Where The Hell Is That Going'

some call me...tim? said:
Working Stiff said:
No matter what I name a dog, I end up yelling "Get over here, Doofus" over and over. Next time I'm just going to name the dog Doofus and be done with it.

Hehe, we've always let the animals earn their names in our family. The dog I spent my late teens with, a big ol' Chesapeake Bay retriever/brown bear mix was aptly named "Lummox." Sadly, my folks just had to put him down recently. R.I.P., Lum Dog.

But back on topic, "Bogey" would be a cool name for a dog, but maybe not one you'd want to be repeating on the course too much.

Funny...our neighbors dog is named Bogey and I never associated it with disc golf until right now.... they don't play disc or ball golf.

some call me...tim? said:
"Bogey" would be a cool name for a dog, but maybe not one you'd want to be repeating on the course too much.

Not necessarily. Looks like I haven't risen to the status of true believer yet as I hear that and still think:

Humphrey_Bogart_by_Karsh_%28Library_and_Archives_Canada%29.jpg

Crush, Champ (I think it's a good name for a boxer), Skip, Hawk (Toma-, Devil-, or plain Hawk), Apache, Wizard, Buzz, Ching, Shank, etc.

You could call him "Discer." For a nickname while he is young, you could call refer to him as "Super Puppy," although some younger folks might not catch the DG reference there. Of the listed choices, I do like "Deuce" the best.

Latest posts