• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Pet Peeves -

Status
Not open for further replies.
not one of my pet peeves but it was that of someone I played with. The guy would take insanely weird stances on most of his midrange/upshots. But they werent the same stance every time. so basically sometimes he would be throwing backhand but would be looking in the opposite direction of where he's throwing. He would then b itch at us for being in his line of sight. So I would stand more to the side of him after that. But then other shots he would look in that direction instead of backwards, so then he'd get pissed at us for being in his line of sight then as well. So long story short after the round me and the guy got in a little argument (nothing major). But my question for the DGCR masses is this... am I in the wrong, or is he?

I gotta vent. Yesterday BullyBull, myself and a guy we work with went to Vets to get in a round before dark. As we are teeing off on ten I see and hear this solo yelling at the guy's putting on 9 that he's playing through? WTF. There was a couple with a small child playing in front of us. No biggie they were moving pretty good. As we are putting on 11 guess what happens? This solo dude yells something from the teebox and then drives right into us. We move on to twelve and are waiting for the family to clear and this DB takes the box without asking and just tees off into the family on twelve. He mumbles something to Bull as he walks off the tee box. I thought Bull was going to tear the guys head off. That kinda crap pisses me off. He acted as if he owned the place. Just RUDE and dangerous. Ok I feel better now.

not one of my pet peeves but it was that of someone I played with. The guy would take insanely weird stances on most of his midrange/upshots. But they werent the same stance every time. so basically sometimes he would be throwing backhand but would be looking in the opposite direction of where he's throwing. He would then b itch at us for being in his line of sight. So I would stand more to the side of him after that. But then other shots he would look in that direction instead of backwards, so then he'd get pissed at us for being in his line of sight then as well. So long story short after the round me and the guy got in a little argument (nothing major). But my question for the DGCR masses is this... am I in the wrong, or is he?

your behind the guy, that is, not between him and the basket, and your not moving......he can say nothing about you being in his line of sight or that you are interfering with his throw.....i would find someone else to play with if its possible :\

I gotta vent. Yesterday BullyBull, myself and a guy we work with went to Vets to get in a round before dark. As we are teeing off on ten I see and hear this solo yelling at the guy's putting on 9 that he's playing through? WTF. There was a couple with a small child playing in front of us. No biggie they were moving pretty good. As we are putting on 11 guess what happens? This solo dude yells something from the teebox and then drives right into us. We move on to twelve and are waiting for the family to clear and this DB takes the box without asking and just tees off into the family on twelve. He mumbles something to Bull as he walks off the tee box. I thought Bull was going to tear the guys head off. That kinda crap pisses me off. He acted as if he owned the place. Just RUDE and dangerous. Ok I feel better now.

Chuck his disc back at him....and make sure to yell 'fore'

Pet Peeve: ridiculous negativity on the course. Now I may get mad once in a while when I screw up. But there are people who take it to the extreme. Blaming every bad shot on something other than themselves and doing it in such a fashion that everyone hears them. Oh that dumb squirrel, oh that pedestrian, oh that tree, oh such and such wins the ace pool and then sets up the course hard for the next weekly. GET OVER IT SUCKER!!!

Bad attitude. Excessive swearing. Littering. Berating bad shots. Yelling loudly.

Being better than me

Large groups that wont let singles/doubles play through. People who play a ton of discs with players behind them. People who don't check if the hole is clear/don't yell fore if they do throw toward you. People who think they're way better than they are...

That's enough for now

Pet Peeve: ridiculous negativity on the course. Now I may get mad once in a while when I screw up. But there are people who take it to the extreme. Blaming every bad shot on something other than themselves and doing it in such a fashion that everyone hears them. Oh that dumb squirrel, oh that pedestrian, oh that tree, oh such and such wins the ace pool and then sets up the course hard for the next weekly. GET OVER IT SUCKER!!!

agreed, I was on the course and playing in a monthly and saw a guy throw his bag on 101 over at hellyer.

I got gripes, where to start..
1) dogsh*t.. next time I see someone's dog crap on the course and the owner (almost always a disc golfer) doesn't pick it up, I'll lose it. Had my disc land in cr@p today. It's not the dogs fault, so the dog has no worries (just in case anyone thought I'd do something to the dog).
2)getting thrown on, just in case this happens and it's not a complete accident, someone will lose their disc, they start thinking they are gonna get jumpy they will not only get their a$$ kicked they will lose all their discs. I'm pretty good at determining accidents, and I am pretty easy going. They can then go get their discs @ PIAS where I will have donated them.. maybe goodwill. ;)
3)music.. wear headphones
4)smokers, as an ex smoker I know how easy it is to knock the cherry off and pocket the butt, doesn't bother me as much as..
5)empty beer containers.. pick it up, I carry mine out with me, don't be lazy.
6)slow people, large groups, noise etc...
I play to get away from my daily life, I don't care about what you think I'll care about hearing, I don't care.
ok rant over.. I also have double standards, I play with DBs that smoke, drink and are slow, I can survive one day a week playing with them. When I play alone and no one is near I throw multiple discs/putts, I also text and walk, slowly. But I try to NEVER hold anyone's game up, cause I hate when mine is.
I have played with some very cool disc sniffing dogs, one in Denton comes to mind, she would find the disc and put her nose on it.. very handy in long grass, with out that dog I would have lost multiple discs.. she can cr@p anywhere she wants. Most DG dogs are useless, most don't go after discs, but are still useless. Also for the first time today I hit the unmute button on my blackberry so I had music for awhile, no one was around and when I did see someone coming near I muted it, just common courtesy. and that is what seems to be lacking most in the sport.

My biggest pet peeve,

people who's dogs aren't leashed. yes, you have a right to bring your dog to the park, just as much as I have the right to not fear it attacking me. (been attacked before, terrified of dogs)

really pisses me off.

I don't know any courses that are also Dog Parks... agreed.. leash the mutts or don't bring them

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. I swear I'm gonna start calling the cops for unleashed dogs at courses.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. I swear I'm gonna start calling the cops for unleashed dogs at courses.
I take my dog with me all the time to my home course. He is always within five feet of me and most of the time I forget that he is even there because he is so well mannered. If I do end up playing in a group he will only come to you if you call him over, otherwise he ignores you and hangs with me. I have never put him on a leash, and as far as I am concerned he does not need one. Now what is wrong with that?

I don't mine unleashed dogs as long as the dog is trained, and actually listens to the owner. It's annoying when the dog is running all over and the owner is yelling at it, and the dog just ignores the owner. So yeah, stupid dog owners annoy me.

My biggest pet peeve,

people who's dogs aren't leashed. yes, you have a right to bring your dog to the park, just as much as I have the right to not fear it attacking me. (been attacked before, terrified of dogs)

really pisses me off.

This is good point. There are so many owners out there that has not trained there dog. I say this because I do not leash my dog when I play. She stays right beside me and doesn't bother anyone. She was a bomb sniffing dog for the Army and is very skittish of people and other dogs. She doesn't go near other people and cowers down when other dogs come around.

The second part about dog poo. I understand what you are saying. I hate it as well. IDK why but for some reason my dog has not once pooped where people throw or even walk. Its weird but I like it cuz I don't have to pick it up.

Rant over\

The second part about dog poo. I understand what you are saying. I hate it as well. IDK why but for some reason my dog has not once pooped where people throw or even walk. Its weird but I like it cuz I don't have to pick it up.

Rant over\

so your dog cr@ps in a bag and then disposes of it in a trash can? or in a bag that you carry around? if it cr@ps on a course then there is a very good possibility that a disc will land in it.
dog cr@p is like litter except your dog packed it in and you have the responsibility to pack it out.:gross:

so your dog cr@ps in a bag and then disposes of it in a trash can? or in a bag that you carry around? if it cr@ps on a course then there is a very good possibility that a disc will land in it.
dog cr@p is like litter except your dog packed it in and you have the responsibility to pack it out.:gross:

No like I said she poops where no one ever walks or throws on the course I play everyday. Let me explain for you. On the far right side of hole one there is a field that is not even close to the basket or do you have a chance of throwing into it. That is where she poops. IDK why but she has always gone there. I have never seen anyone EVER throw over there. Then the rest of the round no poop.

Now when we are at a new course where her scent is not there I will take a bag and pack it out.

My dog often decides to poop on the same hole/area as well. Generally it is somewhere on hole #8 at Cedar Hills. I always clean it up though. I think the water on #7 gets here all excited and she can't hold it anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.