• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Pet Peeves

Not sure I agree with the spirit of this. I can agree that nobody can demand playing through by right, but it should be considered mandatory to let a group play through if they are being forced to wait due to your pace of play. It isn't out of good graces, it is to be expected. It is like those people that ride the left lane going the speed limit. Yes you are driving legally, but you are also being a jerk.
/QUOTE]

It's actually illegal in at least 8 states to drive in the left lane when you are not passing someone or making a left turn.

yeah, but it rarely gets enforced.

One of my biggest pet peeves out on the course is cigar guy. "But we are outdoors...." lol. How do you argue with that?

Street Team Guy

Does.... Does this mean every Street Team guy or is there a particular "Street Team Guy"? 🤣

Asking... for... a friend....? 😜

I wouldn't mind hearing more of the stigma behind everyone hating entry level support team members, honestly. Having been competitive in MANY other sports, disc golf seems to be the only one I've competed in that has a very miniscule amount of entry level support teams, I've always wondered why..

And to make this post relevant,

My biggest pet peeve is getting thrown in on, getting hit with the throw, then hearing the excuse " I normally don't throw that far "

I usually try my best to educate with "Honestly guys, if you think we are a slow group, we 100% will let you play through, but don't throw in on anyone, ever. You never know what kind of people you'll come across, who may not take getting hit with a disc as well as some".. our local league course has been PACKED this summer and honestly its not even worth going anymore lol

Does.... Does this mean every Street Team guy or is there a particular "Street Team Guy"? 🤣

Asking... for... a friend....? 😜

I wouldn't mind hearing more of the stigma behind everyone hating entry level support team members, honestly. Having been competitive in MANY other sports, disc golf seems to be the only one I've competed in that has a very miniscule amount of entry level support teams, I've always wondered why..

Mr. Street Team Guy who thinks he's a professional because he's "on the team". Never mind that he has to spend his own money for all that gear...

Mr. Street Team Guy who thinks he's a professional because he's "on the team". Never mind that he has to spend his own money for all that gear...

As opposed to Streets guy, whose ITB is a buzzz and wizard? :p

Ahhhhh, see and here i was thinking I should move down to Novice again 😜

I think alotnof people take it as "I'm Sponsored". In reality, we are a support system

Not sure I agree with the spirit of this. I can agree that nobody can demand playing through by right, but it should be considered mandatory to let a group play through if they are being forced to wait due to your pace of play. It isn't out of good graces, it is to be expected. It is like those people that ride the left lane going the speed limit. Yes you are driving legally, but you are also being a jerk.
/QUOTE]

It's actually illegal in at least 8 states to drive in the left lane when you are not passing someone or making a left turn.

yeah, but it rarely gets enforced.

If i were a traffic cop, i would make my quota by going after these people. Being so oblivious of other people and only wanting an open lane in front of yourself should get your license suspended until you learn to share with others.

I have the worst luck with field work. I go to an empty spot with thousands of feet of open field. Think soccer complex with 8 soccer fields. Then someone else shows up with a dog or a toddler and wanders out 150 feet in front of me. I pack up and move 2 soccer fields away and they'll wander over to my landing zone within about 20 throws. I initiate a conversation saying that there is plenty of room for both of us and I don't want to hit them so please let me know where you are going to be or give me a couple hundred feet buffer. They are amicable, then they start to drift into my landing zone after another 20 or so throws.

Happens about half the time.

It is also illegal in all 50 states to drive above a posted speed limit.

Yes....but.....
What most people don't know is that very few states have an "absolute speed" law. I know Pennsylvania is one of them, as my dad retired as cop there. In Pennsylvania, if the speed limit is 55, you can get a ticket at 56. Other states don't have an "absolute speed" law and they can only ticket you if you are a certain speed over the limit (I believe it is normally 6 or 11 miles over, depending on the state).

Many years ago, my son and I were playing Bonnie Brooke (RIP'd :(), and cought up to a group of five on #17... a 151 ft hole that featured an 8ft fence across the fairway, that forced you to throw over it, but also had some top heavy, bushy trees, so you really had to plan (and execute) a route to the pin.

The guys kindly offered to let us play through, and I threw my FLX Challenger over the fence on a high, soft, annie flex line, and it floated right down into the basket, hitting right side chains.

The only thing better than having that group of 5 watch it, was sharing that moment with my son, and him seeing their reaction to it as well. :D

Truly an "It doesn't get any better than this," moment.

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/scorecard_share.php?rid=328787

That is awesome!

Playing Patriot in Kernersville a few months after it opened, we were taking our time playing the blue tees so when a pair walks up just after we teed off, we chatted with them for a few minutes. They enjoyed their new local course but were frequently perturbed by "out of towners" (we had told them we we from out of town) who they thought should play the short tees to get used to the course. They had decent tee shots and up shots and then hollered back down to ask if it was our disc laying under the basket. We confirmed it was.

Yes....but.....
What most people don't know is that very few states have an "absolute speed" law. I know Pennsylvania is one of them, as my dad retired as cop there. In Pennsylvania, if the speed limit is 55, you can get a ticket at 56. Other states don't have an "absolute speed" law and they can only ticket you if you are a certain speed over the limit (I believe it is normally 6 or 11 miles over, depending on the state).

Almost all states have Absolute speed limits.
Only a few states use a Prima Facie speed limit system. They still have speed limit signs, but they allow people to go over that limit if they are doing so safely. California and Texas are 2 that I know of.

The "Why is it there" Mando. My home course Virginia Beach Munden Point 10th hole from the longs there's a Mando at 200 feet that sits in front of heavy pines. There's nothing to the right but open space, and the arrow points left to where there's a gap to the open fairway. It's like the mando is there to show you the easy way to the basket. Nobody knows why its there. I don't play it and go thru the pines for a more direct route. Hole 5 also has a head scratcher. It was for a heavy oak right center of fairway, and nothing to the right, just a worthless mando. The oak was taken down earlier in the year and the mando is still there with open space all around it. I was playing the day before a tournament and a drop zone was placed at the mando, why! Why not just tell the field to ignore it. There's a few on other courses I play with the "why" mando. My pet peeve doesn't irritate me, they make me chuckle the first time seeing them, smh on follow up visits because there still there and I ignore them when I tee up.

Almost all states have Absolute speed limits.
Only a few states use a Prima Facie speed limit system. They still have speed limit signs, but they allow people to go over that limit if they are doing so safely. California and Texas are 2 that I know of.

I have heard friends in law enforcement refer to this as "tolerance," as in the amount of speed over the legal limit that the person working radar will tolerate without giving a citation. The impression I have is that the local LE agency or the individual working radar decides what speed above the posted limit will be tolerated on that stretch of road on that day and sets the equipment accordingly. So 5 mph of tolerance, for example, would mean that where the limit is 55, drivers will only be stopped for driving 61 mph or above.