• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Pro Tour

Or maybe an agreement was made that the DGWT would stay out of the US? Just pure speculation, but very cool that all the manufacturers seem to be getting on board.

Or it could mean that Steve Dodge did a fantastic job. The media and promotion that Steve put together was superior. The product was excellent, generated a ton of eye balls, and even more discussion. I didn't hear any negatives about the tour beyond specifics about events. I'd say Steve hit it out of the park and Innova, quite intelligently, realized that.

Good on Steve!

Thanks for spelling it out for me.

Or it could mean that Steve Dodge did a fantastic job. The media and promotion that Steve put together was superior. The product was excellent, generated a ton of eye balls, and even more discussion. I didn't hear any negatives about the tour beyond specifics about events. I'd say Steve hit it out of the park and Innova, quite intelligently, realized that.

Good on Steve!

I know firsthand that Innova approached the DGPT last year about sponsorship. However, I do not know why it didn't happen so I will resist beginning a sentence with "It could" and then offering a bunch of speculation. This isn't Innova jumping on the bandwagon nor is it them choosing the DGPT over the DGWT. They are generously supporting both.

I didn't mean to step on DanJon's toes, if I did, sorry Dan, especially if I sounded pedantic. I also didn't mean to imply that Innova jumped on some bandwagon: even if they did, I'd say that was a smart business move. If someone does something smart, it's good to support that.

Innova has been one of the biggest long term supporters of growth of the sport from the start. You can look at them as the great evil, but you have to acknowledge they've been supporting players and big events, and moving the sport around the world from the start. The notion that they would ignore any event seems silly to me. It also seems irrelevant. I would say they looked at the DGPT and saw a great opportunity to grow the sport in yet another direction and once again are stepping in to help, like they have from the start.

Are the 2017 DGPT events PDGA sanctioned now? I remember reading that they weren't going to be a while back but didn't know if something changed since then.

Not a problem Lyle, I knew you didn't mean anything by it. I do agree about Innova's support over the years. They've always been an early adopter and proven that they'll put their money where their mouth is, so to speak.

Which is why I find it especially frustrating when the new generation of disc golfers paints them as some evil corporation.

Could mean that the DGWT actually found a corporate sponsor, or that Innova is still underwriting them.

Or they (Innova) are supporting both.

Both. According to my sources (I feel weird typing that), DGPT and Innova were actually in talks last year as well, they just didn't ink it.

On top of that, they're still supporting the PDGA...they're hosting a NT this year too.

Innova does much more for disc golf than I think most people realize. They are far and away the #1 supporter of disc golf media as well (not just SpinTV).

Glad to hear Innova is on board this year. That should help to smooth things over with the PDGA, which can only help the tour. I don't see the PDGA going against something Innova has a stake in. And maybe no more potential Paul McBeth boycotts.:p

So will DD join the movement, or hold out for whatever reason?