• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Putt Clinic with Cameron Todd and Dave Feldberg

Thank you. My putting has been eating dicks for weeks now and I need a fresh perspective.

watched that video

went to my practice basket. got 10 putters. made 28 in a row from 25 ft. reminds me of how when I played basketball I always shot free throws more from the center of my body than my right shoulder. just turning my elbow in like that is keeping everything dead f*ing straight on the pole

If nothing else, I like seeing and hearing Cam Todd. He disappeared before I picked up disc golf. I have read so much about him, that it is nice to see and hear him in action. I am impressed with the job that he does in this lesson.

As a quick follow up Cam's comment about attaching the elbow to the body or Tyrannosaurus arm for putting has helped me quite a bit to solidify what's working for me on this style. I could't get the hang of Feldburg's shoulder push and also Cam's style seems to fall much closer to what Blake preaches.

Blakes stroke is built from a few different players (a lot of it is from his own findings as well), avery, feldberg, and especially cam. short arm, lift with the fingers, wrist extension etc. watching lots of videos and trial and failure, 3000 putts a day, and a lot of cigarettes, to what he has come up with in putting today.

i still do not have my own way of explaining things which makes me a bad teacher still.

Timko said:
I like how Barry is in the crowd asking questions.

lol yeah like he doesnt know anything about the game or putting or anything haha

it just goes to show how far he is willing to go to get a lil better, and understands the fact that you can always learn something new. i am still like that.

Thanks for the vid! My putting needs serious help again.

You can see how teaching classes at U Oregon has helped Feldberg to become quite good at teaching and addressing groups...this is a long learning process, but very fun results.

Jeremy Koling is there asking questions at the very end as well

Well, Jeremy Koling needs all the putting help he can get. :lol: Just kidding Jerm, don't give me a nuggie. :oops:

Blake...if you read this...what do you think about what Feldburg says about keeping your arm straight and taking the elbow out of the equation? Cam does the same thing, but he has his elbow slightly bent.

It keeps less left to right motion out of the equation(less misses left of right)

From the Short Arm Putting article by Blake:

[...] If you notice, his amount of elbow bend is the same as at the start of the pitch and the entire motion has been executed by a weight shift and movement of the upper arm only. The disc from back position to release has covered approximately 12-18".

that was good but not as good as the other one that feldberg did on his own....he talks about teaching 10,000 people in japan and all kinds of other factors that matter when putting.

where is that crazy link!

Jerrod said:
As a quick follow up Cam's comment about attaching the elbow to the body or Tyrannosaurus arm for putting has helped me quite a bit to solidify what's working for me on this style. I could't get the hang of Feldburg's shoulder push and also Cam's style seems to fall much closer to what Blake preaches.

I've been having trouble with feldberg's locked elbow style as well and seeing cam's tyrannosaurus arm tech has helped me as well. It's great to get another twist on the same kind of style.

I had the pleasure of watching a Cam putting clinic first hand this past weekend. I played with Brinster, Schwebby and Cam in round 2. Three different styles but all very effective. Brinster and Cam both putt with hyzer. Schwebby and I putt pretty similarly (flat).

Something I learned from watching Cam was the amount of time he takes for his putts. He doesn't give his brain enough time to doubt anything. He just steps up and fires. He drives the same way too.

Awesome putter though, not that everyone didn't already know that. I'm curious to see what is in part 2.

EKG said:
I had the pleasure of watching a Cam putting clinic first hand this past weekend. I played with Brinster, Schwebby and Cam in round 2. Three different styles but all very effective. Brinster and Cam both putt with hyzer. Schwebby and I putt pretty similarly (flat).

Something I learned from watching Cam was the amount of time he takes for his putts. He doesn't give his brain enough time to doubt anything. He just steps up and fires. He drives the same way too.

Awesome putter though, not that everyone didn't already know that. I'm curious to see what is in part 2.

Erik- Way to go at Seneca! I heard about your ace on 14, badass. Also, it must have been sweet to be on that card round 2.

After watching the Cam Todd putting clinic I've been trying to putt quickly, especially on short putts. I tend to have some trouble on short putts but putting quickly as you stated, helps take the mind out of it. My brain is my own worst enemy for short putts.

When you guys were out at Seneca on Saturday, I met up with Will and another guy at Ptap for a punisher round. I was completely drunk from the night before and stepped up to every put with no fear of missing and quickly fired my putter at the chains. My putter didn't touch the ground inside of the circle all day that day which is great for me. I was able to beat my punisher tourney round by 6 strokes (76 --> 70). Shave a couple more dumb strokes off of that and I'm up there with the big boys.

Sorry for the thread drift, summary= step up and fire works for me with puts in the circle.

uNicedmeMan said:
Erik- Way to go at Seneca! I heard about your ace on 14, badass. Also, it must have been sweet to be on that card round 2.

Thanks. I will take a 400' ace every day of the week. Thats the longest I've had. I've been close on that hole many times and I finally got one to stick.

That was a fun card. Brinster has an absolutely amazing tee game. Easily the best I've seen in my short career. Unbelievable body control. 90% of his drives were crushed on perfect lines. On one hand I'm glad I can keep up with 1020+ rated players, but on the other hand I want to win, and I didn't play very well. Another thing I learned from that tournament, 1000 rated rounds aren't that impressive. It basically means you're shooting 1020-1040 golf, but can't cash all of it in. When I learn to do that, I'll be pretty good.

uNicedmeMan said:
After watching the Cam Todd putting clinic I've been trying to putt quickly, especially on short putts. I tend to have some trouble on short putts but putting quickly as you stated, helps take the mind out of it. My brain is my own worst enemy for short putts.

The bend your knees thing is also helpful. Comfortable athletic positions are important.

Latest posts