• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Unchained - VIDEO GAME!

I'm pretty sure the discs change every round you play. 2 new molds every round. I have found that some of the discs "beat" in very fast. And anything slightly under stable will be almost useless after a round or 2.

I'd like to thank everyone keeping this thread alive! I will be checking here frequently to check in on any issues people are having with the game.

In regards to disc selection in the Pro Shop, one thing you may want to try if you are just itching for a new disc is to play the Quick Play mode. The discs in the Pro Shop refresh after every hole, which, when you are playing a round, is pretty useless, but for Quick Play, you can see new discs after every hole. The latest Android update has decreased the wear rate of the discs, so they should last awhile longer. More and stronger plastic types are also in the works.

There are a few reasons why things are the way they are. We want folks to be checking back into the Pro Shop frequently. We are working out the bugs in how/when to best display discs there, and there are some improvements coming in the near future. The question in our minds is how to produce a natural progression for discs selection that allows players to see and get more as they move further in the game.

The systems we've set up in the game really have two goals. First, they need to function in the short term, so that you all can play with them as soon as we have them implemented. Second, we need to be able to expand on the code we've used without having to go back through multiple rewrites. It slows down the whole process when we have to scrap a system and develop it from scratch, and we want to get as much out as quickly as possible. We appreciate everyone bearing with us and for all the great feedback we've seen on DGCR. Keep it coming!

played this for the first time last night and this morning and love it!! still trying to figure out all the small details and what not but the play in general is a blast!

Is this available on IOS yet? I looked in the App store and couldn't find it.

We are still working through the iOS App Store approval process, but we should be live any time now. If you are interested in some early access to the game with your iPhone/iPad, we do have a tester program for folks who want to help out giving feedback and whatnot. If you want in, sign up on our contact form at www.localroutelabs.com/contact/. Put "Beta Tester" in the subject line and let us know what type of device you have in the message body. We will get back to you with further instructions. We do have space left in both our iOS and Android testing groups, so if you want your voice heard, sign up today!

Been playing the game for awhile and have gotten up to level 27. Fun game, definitely a 3-tap player on my phone (not enough screen real estate to "throw"). Only annoyance for me is trying to zoom on a shot and regular screwing up my shot (higher/lower/left/right). Might just be my fat fingers...wondering if it is possible to have separate "aiming" and "viewing" modes? If that makes any sense...

We are still working through the iOS App Store approval process, but we should be live any time now. If you are interested in some early access to the game with your iPhone/iPad, we do have a tester program for folks who want to help out giving feedback and whatnot. If you want in, sign up on our contact form at www.localroutelabs.com/contact/. Put "Beta Tester" in the subject line and let us know what type of device you have in the message body. We will get back to you with further instructions. We do have space left in both our iOS and Android testing groups, so if you want your voice heard, sign up today!

There was a recent update, and now the app wants me to pay a second time to get rid of adds.

Been playing the game for awhile and have gotten up to level 27. Fun game, definitely a 3-tap player on my phone (not enough screen real estate to "throw"). Only annoyance for me is trying to zoom on a shot and regular screwing up my shot (higher/lower/left/right). Might just be my fat fingers...wondering if it is possible to have separate "aiming" and "viewing" modes? If that makes any sense...

This all day, but addictive game nonetheless.

Also, am I missing how to change the default driver? Tired of having to hit 6-7 buttons to change off from a beaten-in old driver to use more recent pro shop purchases.

I sent a message to Local Route yesterday about the ad problem and they put out another update that removed the ads for people who have paid.

Update already fixed my problem. Great job guys! Plus the new update has some great improvements to the disc selection.

great disc selection update, yes!

Agree, setting a default (driver) (mid) and (putter) would be awesome

There was a recent update, and now the app wants me to pay a second time to get rid of adds.

We had a fun couple of days with development... We released an update that was focused on making the Pro Shop much easier to use, as well as improve disc selection throughout the game. It was an exciting update for us, but it just so happened to affect a few of the users who've paid for the in-app purchase to remove ads. For this we apologize. We worked to push out a fix for the issue (under 24 hours between updates), and the in-app purchase to remove ads should be restored for all who've paid for it with the latest release (0.2.6). If anyone is still having problems here, please let us know through our contact form at localroutelabs.com/contact.

To address a few of the other recent posts on this thread... Discs should be easier to select in the next few updates. For the time being, try "trashing" worn out discs in your bag through the gear menu. Select on of "My Discs" and tap "Trash" to get rid of it. This should get those pesky worn in drivers out of the way and at least make it easier for you to select the proper disc. The new Pro Shop keeps discs you've already had in your bag available for the lifetime of the game, so keeping your collection in order will be easier from here on out.

Also, take a look at the new touch control options in the system settings off the game's main menu. You are now able to control the sensitivity of the touch controls. Play around for a little bit with the levels to find the perfect combination for you.

Throw Disc!

To address a few of the other recent posts on this thread... Discs should be easier to select in the next few updates. For the time being, try "trashing" worn out discs in your bag through the gear menu. Select on of "My Discs" and tap "Trash" to get rid of it. This should get those pesky worn in drivers out of the way and at least make it easier for you to select the proper disc.

I'd like to keep the flippy trashed ones as they make better turnover and tailwind drivers, just not as my default every time I step to the tee. Trashing makes sense with putters but not drivers.

Now to get one IRL. ;)

attachment.php

Attachments

• Unchained ACE.jpg
    Unchained ACE.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 143
so, weird thing happened... I putted and the disc kicked out but it counted it as in...
local routes, think I found a glitch