• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Unchained

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Following their popular 'Easy-Release" technology, Prodigy discs introduces their latest breakthrough, the 'Easy-Under-Par' course."

Will this be free or how high will the price tag be?

I plan on releasing Unchained for FREE on both mobile marketplaces.

I will have to monetize something and maybe the course editor fills that slot. On that note, I am finding the course design aspect to be way more fun than I expected. I suppose I could also charge for pre-designed courses, discs, ad removal... I really don't know at this point. What I hope I'm conveying is that without spending a penny you will still have a realistic and, above all else, FUN disc golf video game experience without the usual drawbacks of today's typical freemium games.

That's my goal, at least, and if the rest of the development goes as well as my latest rewrite of the terrain engine then I'm confident I can do it.

Thanks to everyone for your interest in the project. I'm enjoying the captions and I think there is a big enough pool now so I may just have to choose a winner tomorrow...

I plan on releasing Unchained for FREE on both mobile marketplaces.

I will have to monetize something and maybe the course editor fills that slot. On that note, I am finding the course design aspect to be way more fun than I expected. I suppose I could also charge for pre-designed courses, discs, ad removal... I really don't know at this point. What I hope I'm conveying is that without spending a penny you will still have a realistic and, above all else, FUN disc golf video game experience without the usual drawbacks of today's typical freemium games.

That's my goal, at least, and if the rest of the development goes as well as my latest rewrite of the terrain engine then I'm confident I can do it.

Thanks to everyone for your interest in the project. I'm enjoying the captions and I think there is a big enough pool now so I may just have to choose a winner tomorrow...

Please do not include ads. However please do include extra courses and/or discs to purchase. But include a fair amount. I believe that would help a ton. Looks very interesting.

Please do not include ads.

Ads are a necessary evil, my friend. I currently have them displaying on the tee signs which I think is less obtrusive than most games out there. Plus it's a fairly accurate depiction of reality. Whatever your opinion is on the matter, ad-removal is one of the in game purchases that I'm planning on making available so if you hate them...

That basket screenshot is funny:

Player A: "Parked"
Player B: "You threw to the wrong basket."
Player A: "Damn, which one? Oh, that one. Yeah...Parked."

Whatever happened to the Social Group re: a board game style concept to disc golf? I did a quick search but did not find it.

Looks like this is incorporating the majority of points discussed in that group, only in video game form. The similarities are striking, to say the least. :notsayingjustsayingsmiley:

Interesting...:popcorn:

"Foot fault. Foot fault. Foot fault. Foot fault. Foot fault. Foot fault. Foot fault. Foot fault..."

Ads are a necessary evil, my friend. I currently have them displaying on the tee signs which I think is less obtrusive than most games out there. Plus it's a fairly accurate depiction of reality. Whatever your opinion is on the matter, ad-removal is one of the in game purchases that I'm planning on making available so if you hate them...

I like that they are on tee signs. You should throw them up on the baskets too, that would be cool. Just not all in the game menus and crap. They get really annoying.

"They're heeerreee."

"uhmmm.... ok."

"Dude... I think it just kicked in."

"Wait, don't tell me. The yellow one?"

"Black Ace?"

"If you get an ace, I'm not paying."

This last one is for Iowa folks... "Ahh, Waterworks. It's back, and it has DisCatchers"

Hey everyone. I'm going to cut off caption submissions at midnight CST tonight. Post 'em if you got 'em.

And for my next trick... no contest or anything but I was looking through old development screenshots and found this one that illustrates a flight engine defect very early in development. Maybe you'll get a kick out of it. I wish I had video of the flight... I only remember that it made me very dizzy...

Status
Not open for further replies.