• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Unchained

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a thought, are all the discs going to look plain, or are there going to be stamps on them? Even if they aren't actually stamps just designs? I think that'd look kinda cool.

I think so too. I haven't messed around with stamps or the visual qualities of the discs at all other than color and mold shape. Ideally whatever I come up with will be a good representation of real life discs and I suppose I'll have to at least attempt some sort of "upload a stamp" function, right?

Will there be options for backhand, sidearm, tomahawk, thumber & roller? Will the weights affect the discs flight? Can you beat in discs? Can you change your grip? Can you change your throwing form? Do the pink discs fly farther :D? WHen & where can I buy it?

Will there be options for backhand, sidearm, tomahawk, thumber & roller? Will the weights affect the discs flight? Can you beat in discs? Can you change your grip? Can you change your throwing form? Do the pink discs fly farther :D? WHen & where can I buy it?

All very good questions that we probably all have.

Good questions... I've answered some of them previously in the thread but to save you the hassle of digging it up...

Backhand and sidearm are in the prototype and I plan on including overhand (thumbers and tomahawk) as well. Rollers will just happen.

Many properties affect the flight including weight and condition. See my second post in the thread for a more comprehensive list. Oh and I have thought about color affecting flight but I have to draw the line somewhere and that may be on the wrong side of it. Only you guys would know the difference anyway. :)

I haven't thought about grip but I like the concept.

I'm curious about what you mean by throwing form... up to now there has been no model of a thrower on screen so I'm not sure how different forms might translate to different flight mechanics.

The plan is to release on both the Android and Apple marketplaces and the release date is up in the air. It depends greatly on scope (there has been quite a bit of scope creep lately) and budget. Sorry to be so vague but it's the truth. At least the prototype is done and I'm able to continue to fit some solid dev hours into my normal life.

Yes and yes. They're not exactly feature complete but an in-game economy and player progession are both in the prototype.

Sweet! Feel like it adds lots more reply value, besides the fact it is disc golf. :) I saw the "level up" in the video so I guessed there was some progression. Maybe something like increasing distance, better accuracy and stuff like that. Excited for its release!

Edit. I re read the 2nd post and saw the info. :) thanks

Last edited:
When i said form, I was hoping that maybe you could add a character (hopefully customizable) kinda like in a Tiger Woods game. Hopefully be able to change/unlock new forms & grips that would have at least a small affect on the throw. This is just probably wishful thinking on my part b/c I've wanted a good (the Wii one sucks) disc golf game for awhile now. Either way let us know when its gonna come out b/c I will definitely play it. Also I watched your videos & I think you should make the putting harder, that is the only thing I noticed (or maybe your just really good at putting in the game). Keep up the good work :)

Also I watched your videos & I think you should make the putting harder, that is the only thing I noticed (or maybe your just really good at putting in the game).

The prototype is fairly easy on my computer with a mouse (which I used to make the videos). And the player was fully levelled at the time. And I think I had the wind set pretty low.... wind changes everything. Also iirc that version of the basket was a little grabby if you knew where to hit it.

Or maybe I'm just really good. :D

This looks awesome!! I can't wait to play... the current iPhone disc golf game app is feeble at best, straight lines on everything.. lame.

Keep up the good work!!

Hey everyone. I've been pretty silent for the last couple of months but only because I've been (happily) working my tail into the ground on this game. That said, I've got some big news on the Disc Golf Unchained front.

I've known from the start of development I would need some help with this project and I'm really excited to announce that I've co-founded a company to see this project through to completion. Local Route Labs is dedicated to make Disc Golf Unchained an experience that the serious disc golfer can get behind while at the same time providing a fun experience and gateway to the sport for casual players and gamers.

We have some new screenshots which can be seen at our Facebook page or, if that's not your thing, our official website.

Thanks for all the input and kind words so far and we hope to continue to engage the community throughout development (probably in an official Local Route Labs thread though). Keep throwing the plastic and watch for some official announcements coming very shortly!

Status
Not open for further replies.