• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Valley

Omg, the Beast course sucks, glitchy, too many trees, laggy, looks good but plays like ****. That course is not ment for the phone, i think they need to rethink how games are made, less may be better.

I just started playing. Is there a way to get distances to specific points? For example, if I want to know the distance to the far point of an island from the tee, is there a way to do that or do I have to eyeball it from the hole diagram?

I just started playing. Is there a way to get distances to specific points? For example, if I want to know the distance to the far point of an island from the tee, is there a way to do that or do I have to eyeball it from the hole diagram?

No. You just have to play enough to learn the lay-up distances, how much room you have behind baskets, flight paths, etc.

You will eventually!!

Omg, the Beast course sucks, glitchy, too many trees, laggy, looks good but plays like ****. That course is not ment for the phone, i think they need to rethink how games are made, less may be better.

The beast glitches for me also. So do some holes on lost island. I play on a fairly new android.

I was so excited for the virtual European Open. Half way trough round 2 i rage quit cause the glitches are just too much. They relly need to stop using this crappy physics of the "real world" courses. It is terrible and everybody in the community thinks the same.

Hmmm...hasn't been glitchy or laggy for me

The beast glitches for me also. So do some holes on lost island. I play on a fairly new android.

It crashed on me in the Front 9 of the Euro Qualifier.
I have a 1 year old and a 3 year old iPad (not an apple fan, but work provides them). The 3 year old iPad glitches and crashes on Beast and ECC. The 1 year old iPad has absolutely no issues. My Google Pixel 4a takes an extra beat of loading time on each of the holes, but otherwise has not crashed or glitched.

I just started playing tournaments, and I'm getting my @$$ kicked without a distance driver. So far, the longest disc I've gotten is an Accurate / Extra Glide Pioneer. (I also have a couple of versions of the Musket, but the Pioneer is longer.)

I see that I can get either of the following Opto X Ballista Pro versions in the Team Series store for $6 (each with a second disc)...

Light / Extra Glide
Extra Glide / Big Skip

I believe I understand that the Light / Extra Glide will have more carry, but the Extra Glide / Big Skip will have more total distance. But how much are we talking? Which is more useful, if you could only have one?

How much does a Ballista Pro give up compared to a Rive with the same attributes?

I just started playing tournaments, and I'm getting my @$$ kicked without a distance driver. So far, the longest disc I've gotten is an Accurate / Extra Glide Pioneer. (I also have a couple of versions of the Musket, but the Pioneer is longer.)

I see that I can get either of the following Opto X Ballista Pro versions in the Team Series store for $6 (each with a second disc)...

Light / Extra Glide
Extra Glide / Big Skip

I believe I understand that the Light / Extra Glide will have more carry, but the Extra Glide / Big Skip will have more total distance. But how much are we talking? Which is more useful, if you could only have one?

How much does a Ballista Pro give up compared to a Rive with the same attributes?

Honestly each of those two are useful, on different holes. The total distance potential is farther with a the skip, but getting it to stick where you want it can be harder.

For me, the Ballista Pro and Rive are very similar in total distance, others state the Rive gives them maybe 30-40' more. I have both, and honestly use the BP much more often. But I am only in the 1010 rated range, so better players may have a different perspective.

Rive is much better than the BPro equivalent for each of the three "must have (aka Grail)" DD bag slots

1) Light/Extra Glide*
2) Extra Glide/Big Skip*
3) Roll/Extra Glide*

Rive is also better in the fourth usual DD slot (the "Turn" slot) where you want an Extra Turn Rive with either Big Skip or Extra Glide as the second attribute

I would be willing to bet that there isn't any player in the top 50 that bags a BP over a Rive in any of those four slots. The only possible exception is in the Roll slot because I know a couple people had trouble getting used to extra distance on the shots where you used that disc's Roll attribute as a "Sticky" substitute for a precise distance

*Remember the ORDER of the attributes is irrelevant

Thanks.

The only Rive variant currently available to me (for real $, of course) of the "Big 3" is the Glide/Roll. As a first/only distance driver option, I figured one of the Ballista Pro variants I listed would be a better choice.

Light / Extra Glide
Extra Glide / Big Skip

To start getting distance drivers you need to level up. Make sure that you play the daily open every day (easiest experience points). Play the Pro Tour every week and finish no matter how bad your score is. Also, take your lumps in Multiplayer. You get the same experience points win or lose.

Thanks.

The only Rive variant currently available to me (for real $, of course) of the "Big 3" is the Glide/Roll. As a first/only distance driver option, I figured one of the Ballista Pro variants I listed would be a better choice.
You'll start seeing distance drivers more often in your rewards after level 20 and in your stores for "game coin" after level 30 if I recall correctly.

I'm a bit of a DGV "has been," with a 1060 rating only because I haven't played a Pro Tour event to get it lowered lol.

But... yes, the Rive is definitely way better. I've never bought into the Roll/Glide drivers being top tier. However, Glide/Skip and Light/Glide Rive are definitely the distance kings. To be honest, I think working your way up to the better drivers (e.g. getting a Glide Musket, and then Glide Recoil, Havoc, etc...) and learning how to use each is a good learning experience. As others have said, work with your current bag, take some lumps in multiplayer, play the Pro Tour weeklies and daily events, and you'll level up and gradually get what you want.

That being said, if you don't mind paying some money to get one of those Ballista Pros, I'd say get the Glide/Skip. The biggest reason is that I am yet to see a Glide/Skip Rive offered for leveling up (I've probably leveled up 30-50 times since the Rive showed up), so the Glide/Skip Bpro may stay in your bag for a while. I've been offered the Light/Glide Rive a couple times.

I have heard there's a new Challenge the Valley layout on the way. Anybody seen any video of it? Can anyone share any?

Latest posts