• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Valley

Did some exploring this weekend & on hole 3 of Pioneer Bay, in the volcano, I found a disc being held up by a robot arm.
So I tried to see if hitting it would reward me with the disc. Took a while to hit it, but to no avail.
Anybody else ever see this?

I've seen it now. :)

I can confirm hitting it does nothing. Strange.

Hole 6 Pioneer Bay has a dude sitting on a chair behind the left waterfall. With a disc in his lap. Can't get that either. You can land on him and it is in bounds.

Did some exploring this weekend & on hole 3 of Pioneer Bay, in the volcano, I found a disc being held up by a robot arm.
So I tried to see if hitting it would reward me with the disc. Took a while to hit it, but to no avail.
Anybody else ever see this?
There are quite a few of those Easter eggs around the courses, some a part of achievements and some not. I do appreciate the fun randomness they put into the game. There are a lot of people who play the game in unconventional ways - I know people who just throw random shots around the courses.

I'd love to play a course that has all 9 holes on one layout and has absolutely no OB lines. It'd be really cool to have an "explorer" mode where you could, conceivably, jerry-rig a safari round with friends (break out the good ol' fashion pencil n paper!)

The only drawback is when the disc occasionally hits and pops up on edge & does what it was designed to do. Roll, I mean. :p But it rarely does that, thankfully.
One of the big things about this game, much like the real disc golf world, is the importance of controlling your landing angle. You won't 100% eliminate those pop up and roll situations, but if you can avoid landing the disc *dead flat* you can make them a super duper rare occurrence. The weird pop-up and roll situations happen when the disc "grabs" the ground of the game all at once and the spin overpowers it, popping it up. You want to land with at least the tiniest bit of edge off the ground, ideally.

The ground physics have gotta be a royal pain in the ass to program to work right with the spinning discs.

Usually it pops up when the disc lands/hits an object, rocks, tree roots.
Oh! Yeah definitely haha. I thought you meant the weird physics glitches you sometimes get when a disc lands flush. I get them most often when I'm throwing a non-roller disc, because Ill throw a dead flat shot very high to get a predictable distance.... like my Judge, if I put it way up, reliably comes down at about 53 meters, so on shots of that distance I put it way up high trying for a throw in instead of running toward it with a Fuse. Those can result in super weird rolls when I do them on the super-grippy surfaces on, like, the temple holes. Its like the friction physics on those surfaces turn normal discs into roller discs.

So Erika & Simon have finally been removed from the Tour Series section of the Pro Shop (hope you picked up the Tilt or Sword beforehand).
Wonder who will be added next? Can't remember of any big additions to Trilogy/Discmania/Kastaplast this offseason.
Maybe a Stokely Berg?

It appears the Android users get a new multiplayer but the Apple users are still waiting.

Interesting to play, to say the least. Not sure yet if I like it or not. I'll decide once the update pushes to Apple so I can get some time with it on my tablet.

So far I am leaning toward I like it.

VERY different format.

It appears the Android users get a new multiplayer but the Apple users are still waiting.

Interesting to play, to say the least. Not sure yet if I like it or not. I'll decide once the update pushes to Apple so I can get some time with it on my tablet.

So far I am leaning toward I like it.

VERY different format.

Did it actually update or is it still the beta test?

You can pay 99 cents to remove that forever

They could have at least thrown in a new course or two.

That said, this has been an incredibly fun app that for years has been free. I personally have no problem ponying up $1.

Maybe that will allow them to develop more courses based on actual ones. Would love to see Maple Hill/Idlewild...

Oh it might be open beta.

I forget I'm on that. Anyone can get it but maybe not everyone has it.

Just quoting this last post to get your attention

I'm co-hosting the Hops and Hyzer event tonight. Brandon said he wants to try and reach out to you to try and get you on as well. I'm hoping you can make it! It would be a blast!!

Just quoting this last post to get your attention

I'm co-hosting the Hops and Hyzer event tonight. Brandon said he wants to try and reach out to you to try and get you on as well. I'm hoping you can make it! It would be a blast!!
He did! I'm more likely to sit back and chill at the couch vs being at my webcam in the office. But I reserve the right to change my mind if he still has an opening later in the evening lol.

Tonight is ACE RACE NIGHT in the Valley!

Come check out etdefender19 co-hosting live at 10p Eastern: