• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf While Pregnant?

I'm looking forward to it.

I think I'll have more fun not playing and just hanging out with the ladies.

People have been known to say I look pregnant but I actually am not. it doesn't seem to change my playing anyway.

if you were actually pregnant it would.

My wife is 9 months and has been unable to play for 2 and a half months.
there are women who stayed inshape enough to play, but it depends on the woman, the conditions, and the way they play.

A lot of torque on the back is not good, nor is playing a long day in intense heat. My wife stepped off a tee pad and hurt her back and that was the end of her disc golfing.

Well, I'm actually pregnant! I've been playing, just going up and down in some of our courses is a lot more difficult at the moment then throwing the disc. I am just taking it easy and relaxing at the moment. My disc golf buddies all know I'm expecting and they love to see me out there playing as well as they take care of me. I feel that I am part of the special group of players - way to go! Loving it and being happy pregnant and huking my discs!

Congrats to you Myst! Keep up the hard work and make sure you appreciate those that take care of you...sounds like a cool group!

How did the girls do at World's? We never got an update.

Ok I never played pregnant but my wife Corrina has, go ahead Corrina type on: "Hi guys, first time on the forum here, this is Corrina. I played disc golf all the way up until about 5-6 months. At first I was able to drive as usual, but as I got further along, I stopped my step up because of it becoming uncomfortable. I would still play, just mainly use my arm instead because the twisting was getting to be too much. I am currently almost 8 months pregnant, and miss it terribly. But I would suggest playing, and just take it easy. Your body will tell you when you need to slow down or stop. I hope this helps! Congratulations!"
Thanks Corrina

there has to be women who have played all of the way through, but as others have said:
it's more work to play
you may have to stop the run up or x step
you may have to limit you throw to arms only (no twist)

but you can play for quite awhile pregnant. The 2 pregnant disc golfers I know both stopped at 6 months, but if you are careful you can continue. Remember walking and exercise can enduce labor and it's a long walk back to the car from hole 14 while having contractions.

by the way this is a really good thread idea, Kudos!

You better hope she does not go into labor on hole #8. All kinds of weird things may happen.

1) You may never find your way to the hospital
2) The hypnotic effect of the spirit of all dead noob dg'ers may try and scare you
3) or the baby may be born suffering instantly from the crying fits because it will not be satisfied until he/she gets a mini for a teething ring

9 months pregnant!

My wife played a round at Parkside with my friends and me when she was 1 week from full term. She didn't play every hole but walked the whole course with us. She rocks!

Latest posts