• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf World Tour

To address the point of sponsors not wanting to buy into anything that doesn't appeal to women, there are plenty of sports and entertainment ventures that have big-time sponsors and don't appeal to women.

Ever heard of Pro Wrestling?

To address the point of sponsors not wanting to buy into anything that doesn't appeal to women, there are plenty of sports and entertainment ventures that have big-time sponsors and don't appeal to women.

Ever heard of Pro Wrestling?

Of course I've heard of Pro Wrestling. Did you mean to use Pro Wrestling as an example of a sport that doesn't "appeal to women"? I made a quick search and pro wrestling audiences seem to generally be measured at around 30%-40% women.

And there are many women wrestlers and characters, going waaaaaaay back in pro wrestling history, much further back than the history of disc golf.

I still can't figure out why the promotors and owners of pro wrestling and their corporate partners would be 100% cool if all their women fans, 30%-40% of their audience, would leave.

And what exactly are these "plenty" of other sports with "big time sponsors" who have zero women audience members and are not only cool with having zero women audience members but are also cool with giving a big FU to over half their potential customers?

Women don't care about sports like men do. A lot of women that watch sports do so because their significant other does. In such a small sport with little funds it makes sense to me to concentrate on the current market. This isn't to exclude women, but if you want long term inclusion then the sport needs to ride the coattails of the men. This is where the money is coming from.

Women don't care about sports like men do. A lot of women that watch sports do so because their significant other does.
Men may be the majority, but that's unfortunately a pretty sore generalization. From a European's perspective, at least.

And the percentage of women piping up about it? I think we had one here, and Sarah had a funny facebook picture....
There are some women's issues that the womens forbid men of discussing, because it's none of their business
Why not just let the women pay their way for as much coverage as they can afford?

And what exactly are these "plenty" of other sports with "big time sponsors" who have zero women audience members and are not only cool with having zero women audience members but are also cool with giving a big FU to over half their potential customers?

I'm unsure why you insist that zero women are interested in the DGWT? Is it because Sarah Hokum posted about it on Facebook? or have there been other sources where women are speaking out against it? I'm genuinely asking here as all I know is that Sarah hokum was though she had the opportunity to play. Catrina Allen played and as far as I know showed nothing but support for jussi and the tour.

As my daughter grows older, I find it a lot more important to find strong role models for her to emulate. It helps having a wife who is not only a college professor, but a well-versed feminist.

For example: in August I'm taking my daughter to see Heart and Joan Jett in concert. it's important for her to see what strong, powerful women look like. Women who were trailblazers...forcing themselves into what was at one time a man's world not based on their looks, but because they could ****ing ROCK.

And that's how I see Catrina Allen. Instead of complaining, whether overtly or passive aggressively, she smashed the patriarchy by showing up and beating a whole lot of men. She didn't place where she did because she's a woman, or because she's fairly pretty...she earned her placing with skill and intestinal fortitude. Watch that Round 1 footage...she looks like she BELONGS on that card.

Right now she's making the other pro women look like wussies. I'd love to see PP, Sarah Hokum, Val Jenkins et al show up to future events and show the men that they do belong. They've earned it.

Of course I've heard of Pro Wrestling. Did you mean to use Pro Wrestling as an example of a sport that doesn't "appeal to women"? I made a quick search and pro wrestling audiences seem to generally be measured at around 30%-40% women.

And there are many women wrestlers and characters, going waaaaaaay back in pro wrestling history, much further back than the history of disc golf.

I still can't figure out why the promotors and owners of pro wrestling and their corporate partners would be 100% cool if all their women fans, 30%-40% of their audience, would leave.

What source are you using for this 30-40%?

And are these women actively watching on their own? Or is it because their boyfriends make them watch it?

I'm having a hard time imagining a group of women getting together for wrestling night.

sounds like a lot of crying going on because "they didn't cover my favorite division" or "i don't want to wait a whole week for vastly better, more entertaining, and easier to watch coverage when i could just watch a ****ty feed live" or "why doesn't this event promoter check his male privilege"

I'm unsure why you insist that zero women are interested in the DGWT? Is it because Sarah Hokum posted about it on Facebook? or have there been other sources where women are speaking out against it? I'm genuinely asking here as all I know is that Sarah hokum was though she had the opportunity to play. Catrina Allen played and as far as I know showed nothing but support for jussi and the tour.

Hokum? Lol. I'm unsure if I can take seriously your comment on a respected pro or your comments in general when you can't even be bothered to spell that respected pro's name correctly, but I'll try.

I never insisted that no women watched or followed or are in the audience of DGWT. I'm not insisting on anything. I was just hoping for someone to explain how Jussi plans on attracting non-disc-golf related sponsors and attracting viewers from outside the current disc golf community without having an FPO division and without broadcasting the action of his tournaments live. I personally don't care if Jussi succeeds or not. I have a personal interest in business, marketing and how media companies build audiences and I find Jussi's stated strategy to be intriguing in its originality and not yet fully convincing.

Are you arguing that the only woman who has a beef with DGWT policy is Sarah Hokom? What about all the men & women who liked her FB comments? What about all the men & women who replied favorably to her FB comments?

Are you also seriously wondering why more women aren't chiming in on this thread and expressing their support or dissent or anything else? LOL that.

Are you also seriously wondering why more women aren't chiming in on this thread and expressing their support or dissent or anything else? LOL that.

I've been sitting this one out because I only have so much energy for this argument, debunking the obvious crap that trolls spew, covering basic "how women's brains/anatomy work 101" stuff for the millionth time, and so on. Add to that the really, really skewed demographics of the PDGA (92.6% male, 7.4% female), and I fear that piping up in this thread is just setting sail for fail.

What source are you using for this 30-40%?

From the numbers WWE gives to potential advertisers. What does your research say?

And are these women actively watching on their own? Or is it because their boyfriends make them watch it?

Lol! Are you serious? A) Like corporate sponsors and advertisers give A SINGLE F the reasons why any member of their audience is watching? B) who watches anything because someone else makes them watch?

I'm having a hard time imagining a group of women getting together for wrestling night.

Yeah, I don't know any groups of women who watch wrestling together either. So what.

A better no commentary version is uploading, which will be followed by the commentary version. Maybe at like 4 ish am is my guess.

Have any of you seen this? I don't think so because if you did you would not be bickering about ladies, sponsorship, divisions, viewership percentage, etc. :doh:.

CCDG has knocked this out of the park :hfive:! I hope Jussi is kissing some ass after seeing this and signing some checks too! I really hope you guys are getting compensated from Innova, Discmania or the DGWT bank account for this caliber of work.

The is the way DG should look when trying to "sell" it to the masses, uber professional :clap:.

This has it all...hole preview by drone, the hole information in the top left corner, the players name and disc when on the tee, the moving "stills" of the players with ALL the scoring info underneath them, the CCDG logo in the bottom right, and the occasional DGWT logo in the top right :clap::clap::clap:.

I have only watched the no commentary so far and am about to start the commentary version :thmbup:!

Women or not, Catrina was doing work!

Last edited:
Have any of you seen this?

Watched about half of the no commentary, and all of the commentary version. Love CCDG, and this was no exception. I agree that there's not really anything to complain about this coverage. Again, kudos to Ian and the gang with CCDG.

because there are only 3 of them good enough to have a chance to cash at a DGWT event?

Val Jenkins was in town, but she spent her saturday teaching a women's clinic elsewhere in the area, and I'm sure she preferred it that way. Hokum may also have taught at the clinic