• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc ID from early/mid 70s

RaulAlonso

Howdy all. When I was very little I received an odd frisbee for Christmas. It had a molded in handle that extended from the bottom which gave it a very stable flight.
I lost it long ago and was wondering if anyone knows what they were called or have any photos of one.
Thanks,

What Kind of Handle?

Only thing I can think of is a Free Style Disc that had a point thing set into the mold from the 1990's, thing was only legal for Free Style Tournaments.

Last edited:
Is this what you're talking about... "Tornado Twister?"

s-l1600.jpg

What Kind of Handle?

Only thing I can think of is a Free Style Disc that had a point thing set into the mold from the 1990's, thing was only legal for Free Style Tournaments.

This sounds like the 'Pyradisc' - as in like a pyramid, although there were many variations designed to help people learn to delay and/or pididdle.
Freestyle competitions are pretty stringent about equipment, so I'm not buying that last part.

This sounds like the 'Pyradisc' - as in like a pyramid, although there were many variations designed to help people learn to delay and/or pididdle.
Freestyle competitions are pretty stringent about equipment, so I'm not buying that last part.

The Disc says that right on the disc/packaging on of the two as it has been awhile since I have seen the disc, maybe the disc is not legal and it is just the company trying to sell the disc by saying it is for Freestyle only.

I just saw the disc in the movie Invisible String where there was a disc with an actual plastic handle to the disc that flips out when thrown, shown right Before or after the Tornado/Tee Bird discs.

The Disc says that right on the disc/packaging on of the two as it has been awhile since I have seen the disc, maybe the disc is not legal and it is just the company trying to sell the disc by saying it is for Freestyle only.

Now I certainly buy that some company would misrepresent their merchandise to promote sales...I'm also pretty certain that the world's oldest profession started that practice...

"lemme get a piece of that woolly mammoth and you can get a piece of dat ass"

which really came first, the whore or the hunter?

Latest posts