• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Locator

this isn't a bad idea... I'm still waitin' for RFID embedded into discs by the manufacturer. Picture that...

You throw your disc and right away you know it's bad... goin' into the water. No problem. Drink a beer as you casually stroll down to the lake. Pull out your trusty locator that you sync'd up to your RFID embedded disc already and watch as it points you right in the direction of your disc. Now pull out your squirrel monkey. Strap on his goggles and let him do the work. Just show him the locator position and pull a nice long drag off your cig. In mere seconds your diving squirrel monkey has returned with disc in hand.

What a brave new world to have such things and people in it!

I dream of a world where squirrel monkeys in masks and flippers always come back with your discs in hand.

Personally, my favorite course has a water hazard. If I try to throw something different because I am scared of the water, I usually F it up. Now I stick to my guns. Haven't been wet in awhile.

Personally, my favorite course has a water hazard. If I try to throw something different because I am scared of the water, I usually F it up. Now I stick to my guns. Haven't been wet in awhile.

This. For me it works 99 percent of the time. Yet still lost four discs to water in the last two months, only got two back. Still, talking 99 percent of the time you can figure out how many times I have shot over the water without fear.

Either way, still purchased two Dragons and am going to go out to the field to see if I can make them work. Not that I am switching over to Dragons, but I am thinking that it would be a good option to have in the bag.

From the ebay ad:

"I can't count the times my friends and I have had to replace our cell phones because we forgot to take them out our pockets when wading in the water searching for our golf discs."

You're just plain stupid if you keep on jumping into water with a cell phone in your pocket. This device won't help with that. You still have to go into the water to get your disc. :doh:

Saved My Disc!!

I bought 2 disc locators, $3.99 was not bad I found my disc in murky water, damn thing bubbled for good 3 min. Got my investment back in one shot.