• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

disc lost on course

It's hard to imagine a disc corkscrewing through the air downfield. I guess it has to be seen to be believed.

I lost three discs in the span of about two minutes once... let me explain.
I was playing the Redwood Curtain (humboldt) on a particularly busy afternoon. The was a jam on hole 11 - a short putter shot over a pond with a tight gap on the edge of the water about 150' out. Because I knew it was going to be a slow day, and I had an upcoming test, I brought a book to read - Sand County Almanac. Since I had to wait for two six-sums, I sat down and took out the book. Twenty minutes later I was engulfed in Aldo Leopold and didn't realize the hole was clear. Not in a hurry, I kept reading. A few minutes later I saw another six-sum coming down the trail to the tee-pad. Not wanting to be stuck behind them I jumped up and took out my favorite driving-putter - an old beaten aviar. Letting it go on hyzer... it flipped up and was tracking the basket before being cut down by one of the guardian pines, and sent into the middle of the pond. Bummed... I pulled out another disc. This one cleared the pond nicely... but caught edge and rolled down the steep embankment and into the merky water - gone. At this ponit the six-sum is 'uuuhing' and 'aaahing' with empathy for me. Not wanting them to not see a good shot, I pulled out another disc - a roc. It followed the exact same path as my first shot... straight into the guardian pine and then the drink. One guy from the six-sum said, "Man, I feel for you. I'm so sorry." I said, "I guess Aldo Leopold wanted me to keep reading."
DSCJNKY

i went snow discing yesterday and lost three disc on the same round.

Did your discs have a tail?

DSC00687.jpg

One is my record so far. I've only lost 1 disc ever. I lost my first roc at Giles run on hole 16 ( 915')

In the last few weeks I have played 5 rounds, all with at least 8+ inches of fluffy snow on the ground. I had two I nearly lost, but spent about 10 minutes and I did end up finding them. But in that time I have found 2 discs. And if you are going to ask, I did call both numbers, I havent heard back from them.

MN Courses? Easy?

I must play on the easiest courses ever!!! I have lost just one disc, and it was back in September... We go out just about every morning(2-3 guys) and have 5-10 on Saturdays, and have yet to lose any discs... I want to play on some of these hard courses!!! I suck, but would like the challenge...

Wow, what courses are you playing on? Come down to the Twin Cities and you will get punished. Ive lost discs on several different courses there.

Bethel University DGC is only 9 holes, but has claimed far more than any other, followed by Acorn Park.
Also lost one at Bryant Lake (steep wooded cliffside that borders some holes)