• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Disc of the Year (so far)

DGA Breaker
Discmania MD3
Discmania P3
Discraft Crank
Dynamic Discs Renegade
Dynamic Discs Suspect
Dynamic Discs Truth
Dynamic Discs Verdict
Innova Atlas
Innova Nova
Innova Roc3
Latitude 64 Fury
Latitude 64 Mace
Latitude 64 Stiletto
Millenium Mortar
Millenium Omega Soft Big Bead
Millenium Tank
MVP Shock
MVP Tangent
MVP Tensor
Prodigy D1
Prodigy D2
Prodigy D3
Prodigy D4
Prodigy D5
Prodigy F1
Prodigy F2
Prodigy F3
Prodigy F7
Prodigy M1
Prodigy M2
Prodigy M3
Prodigy M4
Prodigy PA1
Prodigy PA2
Prodigy PA4*
Vibram O-lace
Vibram Unlace
Giant VIP Air
Stag VIP Air
Sword VIP Air
Warship VIP Air

You had pa3..

Since the Giant VIP Air is the only one on the list I have bagged, I vote for this. Overstable with a bunch of glide.

Because they ran out of their scrap plastic supply and had to buy whatever scrap was close to that and available? Good luck finding any disc manufacturer that isn't going to have this problem 30+ years into their existence.

Annnnnnd this is why I stopped buying into the specialized run hype.

Annnnnnd this is why I have been throwing the Ghost instead of Rocs. In thirty years maybe it will be a problem :)

Mako3

That was this year, right? If so, that is the only recent disc that has made it's way into my bag.

Annnnnnd this is why I have been throwing the Ghost instead of Rocs. In thirty years maybe it will be a problem :)

Legacy's plastic has been far from consistent. How old are they?

Remember the current two-time world champ throws discs off the shelf and managed to throw a round rated 1132 with them. It's the archer not the arrow.

Legacy's plastic has been far from consistent. How old are they?

Remember the current two-time world champ throws discs off the shelf and managed to throw a round rated 1132 with them. It's the archer not the arrow.

He has several discs you can't go to any store and buy , McPro aviars and Champion Gators are only available on the Pro shop online (The glow champ may not even be the same as the one he uses), and 11x Teebirds are not available anywhere except auctions and p2p sales. Im not doubting that he CAN play as well with discs off the shelf , because after all he is a BEAST, but he certainly used some harder to find ones during the 1132 rated round.

He has several discs you can't go to any store and buy , McPro aviars and Champion Gators are only available on the Pro shop online (The glow champ may not even be the same as the one he uses), and 11x Teebirds are not available anywhere except auctions and p2p sales. Im not doubting that he CAN play as well with discs off the shelf , because after all he is a BEAST, but he certainly used some harder to find ones during the 1132 rated round.

I agree that those discs aren't "off the shelf" but they're all easy to get & I've seen the Champ Gator & McPro Aviars in disc golf shops. Paul also said the only reason he still throws 11x Teebirds is because he still has a stash of them & he would be perfectly comfortable switching to the production runs when he runs out of 11x Teebirds. Most discs he carries are normal production run discs, besides have you watched his "old school" round? He just straight shreds with pretty much any disc...it's the archer, not the arrow.

He's admitted to throwing 11X TeeBirds because he has a stack of them. When they're gone, he said he won't be looking for more.

McPro Aviars are only available in the proshop, eh? Might want to talk to Disc Golf Center about that.

Same for Champ Gators and Dynamic Discs.

i haven't even thrown most of these that are actually from this year. out of the ones i have tossed i'd say the M4 or the Mako3. if i didn't have a stack of proto makos i'm cycling through already the mako3 would be in my bag.

He's admitted to throwing 11X TeeBirds because he has a stack of them. When they're gone, he said he won't be looking for more.

McPro Aviars are only available in the proshop, eh? Might want to talk to Disc Golf Center about that.

Same for Champ Gators and Dynamic Discs.

That's what I was thinking, besides the 11x birds, those discs he was mentioning seem easy enough to find.

Shoot, I even know a place that has both the 1x and 2x mcpro aviars, with the 1x priced slighly more expensive.