• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Disc of the Year (so far)

Technically the Tern was approved in December of 2012 so we'll just count it since it's so close.

My Vote goes Tern. Champion and Star has all my max distance shots covered. Been bombing these farther than any speed 13 driver I have ever thrown.

I think DD deserves an award for releasing the best new discs for 2013. The Judge, Truth, Escape, and Trespass all made my bag. Couldn't be more impressed.

you argue like a teenage girl

Oh snap! Double snap!!
You are definitely falling off your troll game.
I really had such high hopes for you.
Yet another AA prospect who just never had enough to make it in the big leagues.
I suppose you could always be a bench coach in the Philippines.

... I would love to be able to get flat top KC Rocs without having to look for them

You should test the zero hard Mace.

On topic:
If 4th Quarter 2012 counts, the classic firm Judge in my winner.

If its new releases in 2013 then its close between 400 D1(my flippy one is slightly overstable/great for FH) & bio Trespass for stable distance with great glide.

Others recent releases/roll players in my bag:
tournament Tursas (hyzer flip to turnover without fade; under power stable)
zero hard Mace (beefy in hand flat top Roc in firm plastic)
400 PA2 (overstable driver)
opto Fury (anny longer than JLS)
testing lucid renegade (seems seasoned Wraith, Orc overlap)

These are only things that I've used. But the PRODIGY M2 (proto M3) has to be my fav contribution to my bag. I cannot even throw my Buzzzes anymore. They flip understable and have little glide in comparison. PRODIGY M4 and PA4 too

I think DD deserves an award for releasing the best new discs for 2013. The Judge, Truth, Escape, and Trespass all made my bag. Couldn't be more impressed.

I completely agree. The Judge has been everything I want from a putter. The Escape has been giving me my longest drives. The Truth seems to be the Swedish Buzzz killer I've been hoping for.

I'd love to try the Trespass but I'm not sure I have the arm yet. When I get there I already know what I want to throw.

Oh snap! Double snap!!
You are definitely falling off your troll game.
I really had such high hopes for you.
Yet another AA prospect who just never had enough to make it in the big leagues.
I suppose you could always be a bench coach in the Philippines.

...i'm not trolling, just pointing out the obvious. if you think i'm a troll you have no real clue what a troll is. do all of your points involve telling people they aren't good at things they aren't trying to do?

I haven't even scratched the surface of all the new discs that have been introduced this year. A person could go broke trying. That said I love the Crank thus far, and the AR disc shows a lot of promise.

I've only thrown the Tangent and the 1st run Shock, and I just got the Shock so...

Tangent :\ (it's a pretty nice disc though)

I have been told that from quite a few people, I heard it was made for Nikko. If I'm not mistaken I believe it's the PA4.

I agree with that completely, I even heard a rumor that the Ghost is just the 8x Roc mold (but isn't that the same Rancho mold as now?!). I did a little research & this is what I found
Roc3 - Rim Thickness 1.2cm
- Height: 2.0cm
- Diameter: 21.7cm
Roc - Rim Thickness 1.2cm
- Height: 2.0cm
- Diameter: 21.7cm
I don't know if this is enough to prove they're the same, but either way I really enjoy throwing my Roc3 & my Rocs. I think the Roc3 is pretty much a flat top Rancho Roc in Jolly Launcher plastic. I've also heard rumors that the Roc3 is going to get released in DX/KC type plastic so then Innova will be producing "off the shelf" flat top Rocs in DX/KC that will be in normal production. I don't know if it's true but I would love to be able to get flat top KC Rocs without having to look for them, like buying them online/at tourneys. If the Roc3 isn't a choice for this year, my second pick would be the Tern & if that's not an option it would be the Atlas...I can feel the criticism coming :D

ghost is a 10x roc

Annnnnnd this is why I don't throw innova.

Because they ran out of their scrap plastic supply and had to buy whatever scrap was close to that and available? Good luck finding any disc manufacturer that isn't going to have this problem 30+ years into their existence.

Annnnnnd this is why I stopped buying into the specialized run hype.

Because they ran out of their scrap plastic supply and had to buy whatever scrap was close to that and available? Good luck finding any disc manufacturer that isn't going to have this problem 30+ years into their existence.

Annnnnnd this is why I stopped buying into the specialized run hype.

Bingo. Always looking for a stock disc to replace the old special ones.

Latest posts