• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

"Disc Pass" trying to see if anyone is interested

Hmm. 7 is a lot of discs. How about 3-5 discs?
Can you just try the discs out for, oh, say, 5 days, and then just ship the whole lot fwd without changing it, or does that violate the spirit of the disc pass.
I don't have to change out all the discs, though, just add the same number I take, right?

You can try throwing the discs and as long as they don't get too banged up, I don't see a problem you holding the package for a couple of days. Try em and if you cant find something you like then pass it on to next person. Lets limit to holding it to 3 days so this can get down the line to next person in a timely fashion. If you throw a new disc and don't keep it just mention it on your updated post.

Yeah,this idea is a bit intense for me.

Hopefully if you guys do it it will be successful.

Should be alot of fun, cool to see what folks are taking and putting in. I'll try and start it with a few, "just released" discs since I'm heading this week to Disc Nation. I already know of and Champion Ape 175 and an elite z wasp 169 going in.

People raise some good points, we may want to only allow this to people with a set amount of positive trades or respect on the site in general, just to avoid some db jacking them all.

People raise some good points, we may want to only allow this to people with a set amount of positive trades or respect on the site in general, just to avoid some db jacking them all.

Good point, I'll let you guys decide on positive trades minimums to qualify. I'm new with 0 trades, but will start it off and will not put myself back in for unreasonable amount of time to allow for others to participate.

This is getting good, as soon as I have at least 15 I will start a new thread with the official list that includes the order in which it will be cheapest for all of us to ship this package once we are done pulling and replacing discs to the next person.

I'm in. Pmed dude and everything.

I assume we are looking for 8+ discs to go in here, nothing beat to crap, but I'm not going out and buying new discs either correct?

lol I will just say that the Ninja tryout thing I have going on has made it through 14 people 8 months in so I could see trying out up to 7 discs taking longer. Then, with equal or better plastic, being placed in there I think it might be a good idea to limit it to full production runs so you don't have a snowball effect to where the discs get to be something that someone could't possibly replace with equal value, which would lead to them either paying to ship them out without really being able to take advantage, or being forced to replace them with something of lesser value or doubling up discs to get to be equal value overall and then costing even more shipping as it gets heavier.

just some thoughts.

lol I will just say that the Ninja tryout thing I have going on has made it through 14 people 8 months in so I could see trying out up to 7 discs taking longer. Then, with equal or better plastic, being placed in there I think it might be a good idea to limit it to full production runs so you don't have a snowball effect to where the discs get to be something that someone could't possibly replace with equal value, which would lead to them either paying to ship them out without really being able to take advantage, or being forced to replace them with something of lesser value or doubling up discs to get to be equal value overall and then costing even more shipping as it gets heavier.

just some thoughts.

great points, but this pass is not a try it before you pass it on. It's more of a pass that is for fun and a way for you to try some discs you may otherwise not buy and get ride of a disc or two that maybe just sit in your bag. lets limit the pass to 6 discs max, im including a shirt some nalgene bottles and stickers, minis and stuff as freebies and I hope others put some little cheap freebies as well for the next guys down the line. I hope everyone that wants to be included realizes that the discs you get on your turn may not be your cup of tea, so be prepared to maybe try something you have never tried and also remember the costs involved with shipping.

I think that you should use the large flat rate box and limit it to whatever can fit in that box to keep costs down. I'm not interested if shipping is going to cost me $50.

J

If we do 6 discs max with extra freebies, shouldn't cost more than $16-24. This is wh I hole to get enough people so that shipping won't be too much if the disstances are closer.

Ok, This is intruguing, but I have a few problems:

1) Minimum trades. Really? That's your qualification for joining? I haven't bought anything off of anyone here, so I don't qualify. BS.

2) See DGCR Traveling Disc. Sounds great. Works for about a month.

Guess I can't play since I buy all my discs at local merchants rather than from strangers on the internet.

I don't think any qualifications have been brought up yet. The traveling disc was a cool idea, I think one got held up but the other went for a while. I think most people are honest and would do good things with this. At least I hope so.

Props to the OP for starting it, and filling the first box to send out. Like I said I think it is a fun idea, and I'm totally game, I can try out some new discs I hope, and send some discs I don't use to someone else who might be able to give them a new home.

Ok, This is intruguing, but I have a few problems:

1) Minimum trades. Really? That's your qualification for joining? I haven't bought anything off of anyone here, so I don't qualify. BS.

2) See DGCR Traveling Disc. Sounds great. Works for about a month.

Guess I can't play since I buy all my discs at local merchants rather than from strangers on the internet.

I dont think we will exclude anyone because of minimum trades, both my mom and dad are retired FBI, if a DB jacks our discs it wont be hard to nail the DB. this is all in fun and i do plan on filling the box with some goodies.

You can fit up to 10 discs into a USPS Medium Flat Rate Box and shipping is a flat $10.95 anywhere in the US. So 5-7 discs plus schwag plus maybe packaging material would fit perfect. The boxes are free at the Post office. They are the ones that measure 11 x 8.5 x 5.5