• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

disc you like but didn't make the cut

Mako, Comet (Axis)
Spyder, Hornet (Vector)
Surge, Wraith (Z Express)
All putters (Soft Ion)

Stalker(great disc but better to just throw the buzzz)
Vulcan (2x champ beast not as fast but I can hyzer flip just about as far )
Nuke(furthers flying discs but consistency is more important so the avenger and surge get thrown more)
SS magics and wizards(magnets and bangers. Was hard to get use it the magnet grip but once I did it flew amazing for me. Best putts ever have been with my magnet)
Firebird (z pred. I can muscle my flatter top pred bh into a headwind much better then my semi domey Firebird)

QMS (Nice mold, true straight flyer, PLASTIC TOO SLICK)
Archon (-2 +2 should have been great for me, ANHYZER TOP SUCKED)
Magnet (6 months of my life and NO FAVORABLE RESULT)

Soft Magnet (SS Magics)
SOLS, Valk (P PD)
JLS, Leopard, Eagle (Cyclones, X Pred)
Rocs (Z Comet and Z Buzz)

I also really like and carried Scouts for a while, but the Z Comet and Z Buzz combo has taken over.

Stingrays are in right now for me, but have gone back and forth over the years. I could add to the list the Meteor and Fuse, as I like them, but I prefer the Stingers.

Comets - Amazing discs. I keep wanting to use them because I love how they fly, but they don't really do anything for me I can't get a Roc to do and Rocs are more reliable for me. This might just be because I've used Rocs for such a long time but you don't want to mess with something when it works really well.

TeeBirds - Like others have said, Eagles are more useful and you really don't need both.

Star Lycans - It makes the small bag when I only carry one mid, but it could not fit in with too much overlap in the bigger bag

Star Ontario Rocs - I really love its flight, but I cannot stand its bead. When I get frustrated with its replacement it always finds a way back into the bag until I find something else.

150 class Z Flicks - Great line drive thumbers and reduces stress when I take such shots. However, it has just too much lateral movement for me.

Tournament Boatmans - I like Westside discs a lot, but its flight is too similar to a Predator which just happens to fly a notch better for what I need this spot for.

Gold Line Fuses - This is such a specialty shot for me and I think the beat Meteor I have handles it just a touch better.

Medium Ibex - It flew great during the summer/ fall but this winter it does not glide as well and has become a touch less low speed stable because I need to power it more to compensate for its sudden loss in glide.

Magnet- Just was not that good with it, but I loved the glide.
Teebird- In an awkward state between over and understable, the 15 year old male of discs.
Buzzz- Used it for a while and swore by it, then I threw a Roc.

Archon- nice but really didn't do anything I could do with my Orcs.
Teedevil- same as the Archon, but the Sword is a much more enjoyable disc.
Pred/Tsunami- Great wind fighters, but the S-PD is a little more useful IMO, although the Tsunami comes in at a close second, a very pleasant surprise.
Roc+/S-GM- I really liked these two paired with each other, but found I could cover all the same shots with a Wasp. Two great discs though.
S-FD- This was a nice disc but too much overlap with my Gazelle/River combo
Surge- This is the only disc that I miss from time to time, but the Sword is sweet.
Voodoo- This may go back in the bag when I feel like my putting is off, the Soft X Challenger is dominating right now.

Leopard - to much overlap with my array of TLs
Pain - got Pigs
Surge - like it but still like Wraiths more

Elite-X Storm - I have a PDGA black storm - love it, but seem to spend too much time looking for it in tall grass.

Ibex - great looking disc, great plastic - but cannot unseat the GL Core

Gateway Element - Got replaced by the Buzzz SS and then the Axis. Was my go to utility / understable midrange for so long.

Roadrunner - my understable driver of old, replaced by a nicely worn Pro Katana

River - great disc, but I can't seem to take the Elite-X XL out of the bag to make room for it.

Flow - Awesome driver but my Valks and Wraith's are more comfortable.
Fuse - Was very close to becoming a permanent fixture but my beat DX Rancho's are more consistent.
Focus - Finally threw an Aviar.
Avenger SS - Picked up a GL Vision and never looked back.

Force and Crush. I wanted to like these discs, but I still prefer the Surge.

Champ Rhyno (using a Star Classic Roc)
Star RR (couldn't get consistent release, went with a KC Pro Cheetah)
Optimixer (too squirrely, so I use a Star Wedge)
Star TL (just outside my power range, had to throw it too hard. I still use it on open layouts)
Stalker, too much overlap with my Cheetah/Eagle combo