• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DiscGolfPark USA

I really like the idea of turf tee pads!!! Concrete pads work but most courses are all grass except for the tee pads. When the grass as wet it would be nice to be able to wear a shoe with a small cleat but you can't do that if there are concrete pads. Also, it says you are able to move them and that is a huge advantage over concrete.

It depends. Some of my favorite teepads are made of concrete tiles/pavers. These hold up well (don't seem to wear), can be configured in almost any shape, are easy to install and easy to move and as long as they are installed correctly, seem to hold up almost as well as solid concrete tee pads. The only problem is when the soil underneath gets saturated and allows movement of the individual tiles. But this is probably an indication of poor installation.

It's not about the amount of concrete being used, its the fact that its impossible to get rid of. If you move a temporary pad the ground will recover relatively quickly. There is no getting rid of a concrete pad that isn't useable Any more. That area is basically permanently damaged.

Not necessarily so. A local course underwent a layout change a few years ago & they moved the concrete teepads around, using a backhoe or bobcat. Almost three years later & you would never know where the old teepads were located.

If the concrete is poured over rebar it can be dugout and moved. If not, contact the ancient Egyptians on how to move a concrete slab without cracking or breaking it...

Same could be said about rubber as well

True, but it would be harder, especially the thicker stuff. The turf though is a lot cheaper to replace on a square foot basis.

There's an easy solution to the vandalism issue. Just put up a sign that says, "Warning! Anyone caught vandalizing property will be subjected to watching old Jerry Lewis movies 12 hours a day for a month!"

That's a fate worse than death! :sick:

a little confused, why is InnovaEuro marketing these services here anyway, doesn't InnovaUSA already provide all these design services for the most part, not that I'm opposed to more representation, and InnovaEuro's marketing division seems better than what we get here

There's an easy solution to the vandalism issue. Just put up a sign that says, "Warning! Anyone caught vandalizing property will be subjected to watching old Jerry Lewis movies 12 hours a day for a month!"

That's a fate worse than death! :sick:

Isn't that a violation of the 8th amendment? ;)

Not sure on the cost but you can just buy pre-cast slabs of concrete like this course in Canada did. Definitely removable. IMO I wouldn't even consider putting in pads until the course is in for about a year due to chances things might have to be changed for safety or for some other reason.
12313681_1522292158086862_3758399856644031547_n.jpg

Last edited:
Theft is a vandalism.

I knew you couldn't resist. You're wrong, by definition theft is not vandalism. But I know you can't believe you would be mistaken. About anything.

theft

n. the generic term for all crimes in which a person intentionally and fraudulently takes personal property of another without permission or consent and with the intent to convert it to the taker's use (including potential sale).

I knew you couldn't resist. You're wrong, by definition theft is not vandalism. But I know you can't believe you would be mistaken. About anything.

theft

n. the generic term for all crimes in which a person intentionally and fraudulently takes personal property of another without permission or consent and with the intent to convert it to the taker's use (including potential sale).

Well I'm glad this has been resolved

Am I amazed at all of the not-invented-here comments. FWIW I've been to Finland and have played some of these courses (turf pads were perfectly fine). I am glad that there is an attempt to bring that concept to the US.

Am I amazed at all of the not-invented-here comments. FWIW I've been to Finland and have played some of these courses (turf pads were perfectly fine). I am glad that there is an attempt to bring that concept to the US.

Not sure what that means, but turf pads have been used here for awhile. Anna Page South in Rockford has them, although I don't recall them being screwed down to a wooden frame (played it once last year). My shoes get eaten up badly by concrete and much prefer turf from that standpoint. I had no traction issues with them at all, it was also nice not having to worry about tripping on a concrete slab sticking out of the ground -- that scenario really sucks, especially when there is a drop off behind a short concrete teepad -- really hate that. I would rather have a natural grass pad than that setup any day.

And I remember Will S. indicating he would like to see turf pads used because of how his shoes get destroyed with concrete, and he likely gets his free. A quality turf pad installed properly I think would be preferred by the vast majority of players, and I'm also glad that is what DGP is using in their proposals (hopefully a lower maintenance version is available now).

Latest posts