• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discmania Distance Driver/ Hysteria

I picked up a new shield stamp s-line and a c-line yesterday and got a few throws in with both before injuring my shoulder. These are exactly what I wanted as a Wraith complement. There is no turn at all out of either one. I'll have no problem swapping these into my overstable Wraith slot for forehands and headwinds. Great disc.

I've thrown all DD's in all plastics. It is a wraith bottom, but they all generally fly a bit more overstable than their wraith counterpart (or at least turn less) due to the unique Discmania anhyzer top which tends to make the disc more overstable. The newest runs of C-line (JL) and S-Line (FLAT) are a little more overstable than older DD's or P-lines.

P lines are absolute money. Mine is 169g and I am getting it out on a laser to at least 400 every time.

The P line has the same HSS as s line, and mondo glide and amazing grip. Never had a Pro plastic have anything near this HSS let alone any HSS at all!!! I'm gonna buy a stack off P line DD's. Haven't had any huge winds to test my P line with but if they don't fight it as well, I would just take out a pd2 or my S line DD!

Seriously, try out a P line DD.

I'm also interested to find out. I really like my wraiths but more HSS sounds appealing, as does less lss.

Pro Wraiths would be a challenge to find matching the stability of the average P line DD's but Wraiths in the other two plastics come in variations as over stable as you want. I have a faf, champ Wraith X out that is the most over stable speed 11 disc that I have encountered. My 500' with a Destroyer arm speed buddy could only get it out to 300' with a near half circle arch and, with my 380' with a Wraith arm speed, I have no real use for it. Seriously, I can throw a Rhyno farther than it.

Its not LIKE a Firebird bottom...It IS a Firebird bottom (confirmed by Dave Dunipace, Innova's disc designer).

The three best drivers in the world share that same Firebird wing:
Innova Firebird
Discmania PD
Millennium Orion LF
(I carry all three.)
(PS. I've heard, from reliable authority, that the OLF, Sidewinder and Roadrunner share the same top as well. Making FB, PD, OLF, SW, RR a natural family.)

Other than variations in how the same top mold might mold up, what variations are there in flight plate molds besides a diameter that matches up with the lower part (rim) of the mold?

More to the point, how can one look at a top and know what affect it might have similar to looking at the rim?

Just picked up a sweet white red and blue died P-DD at GGGt and picked through their bin of P-DD's and grabbed a super domey one, and 2 more 169G's, really excited to see how these things cycle because I've nailed trees with my bagged one and it still doesn't have a scratch or hint of turn..

necro bump!!1

just found an old beat to hell p dd hysteria

this thing feels like the old great ppd plastic that lasts forever i actually mistook this for s line plastic

i havent gotten a chance to throw it since i was leaving the course when i found it near the parking lot

anyone still tossing these thangs or are they a thing of the past because wraiths are better

necro bump!!1

this thing feels like the old great ppd plastic that lasts forever i actually mistook this for s line plastic

i havent gotten a chance to throw it since i was leaving the course when i found it near the parking lot

anyone still tossing these thangs or are they a thing of the past because wraiths are better

I've thrown them before. I had a C-DD that was more OS than a normal Champ FB. I also had a G-DD that absolutely bombed, unfortunately they aren't a production run (is any good DM plastic/mold combo though? [excluding the C-PD and S-PD])

I got an sDD, its pretty overstable for my arm. Strong headwinds and anhyzer flex shots. It's penned, got a pop top and weighs 167g

I've thrown them before. I had a C-DD that was more OS than a normal Champ FB. I also had a G-DD that absolutely bombed, unfortunately they aren't a production run (is any good DM plastic/mold combo though? [excluding the C-PD and S-PD])

g would feel so good in this one

was it hyzer flip straight or fat s straight

I got an sDD, its pretty overstable for my arm. Strong headwinds and anhyzer flex shots. It's penned, got a pop top and weighs 167g

how far you throw it

and is that fresh or seasoned or beat

this one is 172.5g and beat

necro bump!!1

I've been throwing old PDD's for a little over a year. You're right- the plastic is really nice. They're a great forehand disc for me because they have more HSS than a similar Wraith, with the same or maybe even less fade. Also excellent for forehand rollers- a shot I never use, but works best with a DD if I'm gonna try it.

My backhand is not very strong. There have been a few days I could barely get 400', but mostly 350' or so is my max. A beat Wraith probably goes a bit further for me than the most beat PDD I've had. But to be honest, I throw a beat SPD just as far on all but my best days...

Ol' reliable. I've got a S DD with tons of HSS, not much LSS (like a Teebird) and actually kind of chitty glide. It's the most controllingest straight distance driver I've ever thrown. But the glide is so bad I don't enjoy throwing it, lol. Like if you crossed a Wraith with a mule or something.

I've been throwing old PDD's for a little over a year. You're right- the plastic is really nice. They're a great forehand disc for me because they have more HSS than a similar Wraith, with the same or maybe even less fade. Also excellent for forehand rollers- a shot I never use, but works best with a DD if I'm gonna try it.

My backhand is not very strong. There have been a few days I could barely get 400', but mostly 350' or so is my max. A beat Wraith probably goes a bit further for me than the most beat PDD I've had. But to be honest, I throw a beat SPD just as far on all but my best days...

moar hss would you say they are straighter and longer than a wraith

i used to throw beat pro wraiths or dx wraiths for a country mile

the ppd and spd were my jams back in the day

Ol' reliable. I've got a S DD with tons of HSS, not much LSS (like a Teebird) and actually kind of chitty glide. It's the most controllingest straight distance driver I've ever thrown. But the glide is so bad I don't enjoy throwing it, lol. Like if you crossed a Wraith with a mule or something.

so its like a glideless seasoned wraith

Latest posts