• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discmania Distance Driver/ Hysteria

im going to take the hysteria out to another course today and see how it performs

threw it on a more open course

wind was mild to moderate

cuz my pdd is so beat it has a touch of pop up and rides a hyzerflip but still has small fade at the end

i compared it to my apples and oranges champ wraith which seems to fly as far with a little less effort

overall i continue to think its a fun disc i just prefer the wraith (maybe because im biased as my first disc given to me was a wraith)

i think i would be seeing a completely different disc if i threw a fresh sdd

the disc is still in my bag which is unusual for a lost and found disc

i wouldnt use this disc to win any distance competitions but i would use it for medium-long distance accuracy contests

i think i would be seeing a completely different disc if i threw a fresh sdd

I have a sample of one, a pop top s line that's beef. Zero turn and a pretty dumpy fade. Personally I don't think it flies much like a Wraith, even a beefy Wraith. I bag a fairly fresh MF Wraith for OS distance and it really only comes out for headwind and forced flex shots until it gets some wear.

I have a sample of one, a pop top s line that's beef. Zero turn and a pretty dumpy fade. Personally I don't think it flies much like a Wraith, even a beefy Wraith. I bag a fairly fresh MF Wraith for OS distance and it really only comes out for headwind and forced flex shots until it gets some wear.

yeah and that sound terrible to me

i would rather have the most OS wraith ever in my bag compared to that

my question may have been a bit blurry

i was wondering if anyone here only had speed 9s in the bag and wanted one of a speed 10 or higher driver, what would you throw?

I throw 400 max backhand and 350 max forehand. I bag PD's and Roadrunners, with a Lace for max distance.

I've been trying out Speed 11-13 overstable drivers for max D headwinds and sidearms. Out of the D2, Wraith, seasoned PD2, Destroyer, and OLace, the D2 was my favorite.

The Wraith didn't handle strong winds well enough on backhand throws and was about 20 feet shorter for sidearm. The PD2 had good control but was too hard to get up to speed backhand. I liked the OLace but the one I had was too light... 162 grams. Destroyer had the most distance potential but was difficult to control. The D2 was a perfect mix of everything. My only fear is that I won't be able to find replacements. Hopefully Prodigy has some of their consistency issues sorted out.

well the pdd still hasnt left my bag

its really fun to throw long flex shots with it has jus enough wiggle to predictably get around objects with coming back fade

well the pdd still hasnt left my bag

its really fun to throw long flex shots with it has jus enough wiggle to predictably get around objects with coming back fade

Just hope that DM runs them in P occasionally if you fall in love with it. DGC actually had some P last I checked several months ago.

DD isn't a very popular mold and they don't run drivers in P very often so I wouldn't get my hopes up for future runs.

Says the guy sitting on a small stack of P PDs. 😎

Just hope that DM runs them in P occasionally if you fall in love with it. DGC actually had some P last I checked several months ago.

DD isn't a very popular mold and they don't run drivers in P very often so I wouldn't get my hopes up for future runs.

Says the guy sitting on a small stack of P PDs. 😎

MSt has 3, DGC has 4, Infinite must've recently sold out, its still listed, but they are out of P-DDs.

chained out on a rhfh over a road and a fence and uphill about 300-325 out

pdd is super straight for a dd

i dont even wanna like this disc but i do it hasnt left the bag

The Swirly S-Line DD's fly really nice and have a great feel in the hand. All of mine are a hybrid mix that is slightly see through when held up to the light.

Are all c line dd pop tops I got a blue one with a double stamp in a trade. I only threw it a few times but it was very overstable. Is it worth it beat it in a little bit

Are all c line dd pop tops I got a blue one with a double stamp in a trade. I only threw it a few times but it was very overstable. Is it worth it beat it in a little bit

It would take forever to beat it in significantly.

The pop-top ones have no purpose imho. If you like the extra stability just upgrade to a PD2.