• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Discmania Link Exo Soft vs Exo Hard

SuperWookie

Birdie Member
Hey everyone, quick question for anyone that OWNS and/or has ACTUALLY used a new Discmania Link putter. Just need to know how flexible it is and how grippy the texture/surface is compared to other Discmania putter plastics or even other putter plastics? I already know exactly what it looks like and it's profile and the flight is. I'm just looking to use this as a putter, not for throwing or approaches ever.

From what I can gather, the Exo Hard is pretty firm and not very flexible, but does have a grippy/slightly gummy like texture? Which plastic from Discmania or other companies is closest to this plastic?

And that the Exo Soft is medium flexible (but not floppy like an RFF Wizard) and also has good grip or gummy texture? Which plastic from Discmania or other companies is closest to this plastic?

So of the two, or both, which one is more like an S line P2 in texture/gumminess? That durable, fairly firm plastic, BUT with a nice gummy grippy texture. I really don't like P and D plastic and find that neither have any grip, gum or texture to stick to my fingers a bit. Only C line and S line does.

And do either of them have that Prodigy 400 plastic feel (somewhat flexible and soft with just enough gummy texture) or is it even more flexible and gummy, like a RFF wizard? Or harder like a C line or Champion like plastic?

Thanks

From what I can gather, the Exo Hard is pretty firm and not very flexible, but does have a grippy/slightly gummy like texture? Which plastic from Discmania or other companies is closest to this plastic?

Discmania - X Line (but stiffer)
Other companies - Dynamics Classic (basically identical)

And that the Exo Soft is medium flexible (but not floppy like an RFF Wizard) and also has good grip or gummy texture? Which plastic from Discmania or other companies is closest to this plastic?

Discmania - Soft P
Other companies - Dynamics Classic Blend (basically identical)

So of the two, or both, which one is more like an S line P2 in texture/gumminess? That durable, fairly firm plastic, BUT with a nice gummy grippy texture. I really don't like P and D plastic and find that neither have any grip, gum or texture to stick to my fingers a bit. Only C line and S line does.

Neither of the current Link plastics have anything in common with S or C line plastic.

And do either of them have that Prodigy 400 plastic feel (somewhat flexible and soft with just enough gummy texture) or is it even more flexible and gummy, like a RFF wizard? Or harder like a C line or Champion like plastic?

I'm not familiar with Prodigy or Gateway plastic, so I won't comment. But I will tell you that this plastic is most likely a copy of the Dynamic Discs Classic and Classic Blend plastics. I used to putt with Marshal's before I switched to P2's, so I'm very familiar with those plastic types, and I can say with confidence that they feel pretty much identical. There is honestly no plastic currently in the Discmania lineup that compares to Exo.

^thats pretty good. I gotta say the stiff is probably one of the grippiest, yet stiff plastics I have held. And the soft is even mpre grippy, without being floppy. Kinda eraser like. Tough to really compare to wizard plastics because yoy know they vary so much. My favorite wizards are stiffish erasers and the soft links are very close. FWIW i switched to links from wizards due to more glide and slightly easier release. Very easy switch. Just find putts going in more even when i think dammit that is going to be an inch too low and into the cage.

These are almost identical to wizards.
The hard feels stiff/firm like PW. It has more grip, almost had a rubbery grip to it that I'm sure will wear a bit.
(Have not tried the soft)
So far, really loving them.

So I ordered an Exo Soft Link and a Reko K3 and they are virtually identical in almost every single way! I love them!

The Exo Soft plastic is very unique to me (never felt a disc like this, but then again, I don't have tons of experience with loads of discs). It's still really firm (more so than any S or C line disc I own. More like a D or P line. I'd also compare it to Prodigy 750 in stiffness). But... it has a very unique rubber like feel on the outside that is perfect to me. Not too sticky, but definitely grippier than a lot of putter plastics, all while still being very firm.

So it not only putts super well, comes out of the hand clean, has amazing feel in your hand, but also throws well! And for being a 2|3|0|1 putter, it flies! I was throwing it as far or farther than any putter I own. So that's awesome! And it's great for approach shots or shorter touchy/accuracy shots in the woods! Comes out of your hand clean with a fan grip and flies really straight with a tiny little baby fade right at the end and a soft landing. I'm already using it for a lot of my approaches. Flies almost exactly like the P2, but putts tiny bit better. It's possibly the best all around putter I've tried yet (along with the Reko K3).

Also, I don't really care if a putter has a bead or not. It makes no difference to me.

As for the Reko, it's virtually the same in every single respect to the Link. Same rubber like grippy texture but on a hard/firm plastic. So it putts amazing and drives amazing. The only way I can tell them apart in my hand with my eyes closed is because of the small bead on the Link. Other than that, they are identical and I use them interchangeably already. Played two rds with them and a long practice session, and they have become my two main putters now. Kicked everything I own already to the curb very quickly.

Overall I'm super happy about this putter and looking forward to using it and improving my putting because of how great if feels and throws.

Latest posts