• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Discmania P2 discs?

northmsSAC

So i'm just now starting to play again and wanted to try out some "new" discs. My go to putter was a JK aviar and driving/approach putter was a KC aviar. I wanted to get both a P2 d-line and P2 s-line to try them out but can't seem to find them anywhere online in a 175g weight. Is this a common problem? Where do you guys find these discs?

Brandon

P.S. I don't really have a local store.

That is one of the "larger" gripes around the P2 and putters in general from Discmania. They tend to re-stock every 2-3 months on the store or send out waves to smaller vendors. You could try calling gotta go gotta throw to see. But honestly your best bet is to join the Discmania Facebook Group and put an In Search Of (ISO) thread. Most people within that group have a number hoarded and would probably be willing to sell. You could also email the Discmania store and ask when an expected restock will come, they respond fairly quick. From my understanding Innova dictates all re-stock timing and depending on the amount of requests on the list, it can slow down Discmania production.

GottaGoGottaThrow also shows 175g D-Line, but they aren't always exact on stock. They just "Try to Match" requested weights. Always worth an email to check.

Supreme Flight also has some 172 with wicked cool stamps on D-Line. Great guy, great looking stamps, great customer service.

Most of the good places have been mentioned above. I got my two 175-g S-Line P2s at Disc Golf Center. Infinite Discs has good service, and they have S-Line, G-Line and other plastics in 175g weights right now.

Last edited:
General P2 question:

Is this a fairly deep dish putter? Similar to an Aviar feel?

General P2 question:
Is this a fairly deep dish putter? Similar to an Aviar feel?

The P2 feels less deep than the Aviar, and IMHO it is much more comfortable. YMMV. But it is the performance of the P2, especially in approaches, that has me bagging it.

Well, the P2, the Aviar P&A and the Aviar BB molds all have the exact same inside depth -- 1.5 cm.
The P2, however, is 1 mm taller and has a rim that is 1mm wider.

Thank y'all! I now have 175g s-line and d-line P2's on the way from gottagogottathrow! And I'll definitely be checking out supreme flight for my future purchases.

So now that I've thrown them I'll toss in my review so maybe it'll help others.

S-line P2: I use for throwing. Love this disc. Flies smooth out of my hand, straight, and then reliably fades back left. More over stable than my KC aviars.

D-line P2: I USED for putting. Basically like dx plastic. Don't make fun of me that I didn't know this before, but I don't like headless putters. Yeah. Woulda been better to know that before buying. Disc feels great, but I putt with my index finger partially along the rim next to the bead of my JK/KC aviars and not having that bead on the P2 left me with a pretty consistent wobble and I would flip my putts over fairly often.

Thanks for the help though! The s-line is definitely added to my bag.

P.s. I also ordered a PD when I bought these, and it is amazing. Faster, more glide, though slightly more stable Thunderbird imo

If you like beaded putters try out the P1X from Discmania. It has a medium bead which is slightly smaller than the JK or KC Aviar. It is readily available in D line and X line. The X line has a similar feel to the JK but is not as flexible. Somewhat stiff but with grip. The P1X has a great shape that fits in the hand well.

Auditioned some P2s against Wizards. I really liked the feel of the P2 (I had D-line, and a KP2 one). They were good for both throwing and putting, but they eventually lost out to the Wizards. I just like the beaded putter a bit more. I have four D-lines and the one KP2 if anyone is interested.

Witch one is most overstable D-line P2, P-line P2 or KC Pro Aviar?

My experience is KC Pro > P-line P2 > D-line P2 in terms of overstability. However, my P-line P2s tended to beat up faster than my D-lines for whatever reason. If you want more overstability, the S-line or C-line P2 is a good choice.

We just ordered 75 custom D-lines and debated getting much more because we knew they would run out quickly and that we wouldnt be able to get them for a while. They just shipped yesterday and we will have them available at am worlds and if you are going to be there.

Consider finding another putter if you don't like scarcity. Discmania discs can be difficult to find at different points of the year.