• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Discmania P3

Hopefully that mold change involves flattening it! I'll be interested in seeing how it changed. The tester was a decent flyer. It was just too touchy for me.

I know we just ordered the first run D-P3 for Disc Nation and affiliates.

I am pretty excited to throw it as I use a lot of Discmania at times to supplement the holes in my bag not available from the Millennium lineup.

I plan to buy a couple and put them through their paces. Hopefully we can do a little review via DN to provide some more data on how they fly. I'll be reporting back when I get my hands on them

I know we just ordered the first run D-P3 for Disc Nation and affiliates.

I am pretty excited to throw it as I use a lot of Discmania at times to supplement the holes in my bag not available from the Millennium lineup.

I plan to buy a couple and put them through their paces. Hopefully we can do a little review via DN to provide some more data on how they fly. I'll be reporting back when I get my hands on them

If you want one of the protos I threw to compare, let me know.

Just saw on the Discmania website that the C-Line P3s are out. Has anyone thrown one?

Also, it said that the retooling made them more beefy. So everything other than the first run Ds. But that was like, a month ago.

I could go n do some testdriving with the one I have, but it's pink and has this nice FR shieldstamp! :(

Bah, I'll give it a go, I'll be back in 1h.

If you could compare it to the Jokeri, that would be nice, it's the frontrunner right now for overstable putter to get. When I have money.

Too me they (D's) look like domey XDs, are these things actually OS or?

The protos weren't (for my weenie arm) much more overstable than P2s. They were also a LOT more sensitive to form flaws. When I got it right, they were nice with neutral turn and a decent fade. When I got it wrong however, they "turned" left on me (southpaw) and never had a chance to fade. They didn't turn and burn or anything. They just kept turning to the ground.

The increased beef in the production runs intrigues me, as does the C-Line plastic. Those were things I mentioned wanting. They were too domey for me though so if they didn't flatten them, meh.

Ok, so first things first: It does have a dome, not more than rgl pures, but still a dome. AND it has a +rim(whattaf?on a putter?), so mixed feelings when holding it.

Got some 40+ throws along with opto pure and premium JOKERi to compare it with. It sits right between these two, maybe a bit closer to JOKERi in stability(I only have these FR jokeris, and they say theyre slightly more OS than newer runs). Throws were 240-300ft.

Only 5-10MPH wind outside.

Flat, full power throws:

Pure for me is dead straight in no wind/tailwind. I get some turn in headwind.

JOKERi always fades, headwind, tailwind, no wind, it fades.

C-P3 in headwind was dead straight, no fade no turn. Faded almost as much as jokeri in tailwind.

Holded hyzerlines pretty nicely, and as tbird said, its pretty sensitive, tried bending my wrist on purpose to get some OAT and it did get this turn-forever-mode on, in headwind tho, did the same in tailwind, and I just got some S-line out of it.

So: +rimmed-not-stupid-OS-a-bit-form-sensitive-nice-straight-flier-headwind-disc. There ya go! Hope this helped. lol.

....ps. I think I'll just put it in my bag for a while, so that I don't need to beat any basic jokeris for this slot.

Last edited:
Hmmm... Sounds like I'd like a Jokeri better.

But thanks for the information :thmbup:

Ok I think it's not a +mold afterall, but the rim is somehow rounded, like, the inside is more like J than L. When my +rims are more like / than |.

Anyway, feels strange. :D now I'm done.

Just got a C-P3 in the mail. Feels frickin sweet in the hand. Much better than the proto d-lines I got from the factory store. Hardly any dome and nice jolly launcher plastic. Going to toss it tomorrow. Maybe it will replace my Rhyno, but I doubt it.

Got a blue c p3 in the mail today and it had about as much dome as my d line. Didn't ask for the flattest they had, so I guess I learned my lesson. Haven't thrown it yet due to a messed up arm and back, maybe this weekend if I'm feeling ok. Rim feels fairly plussy. I'll give it a legit shot, but I dunno if it will scare my zone or suspect at all.

So I've gotten 3 rounds in with my C-P3. I'm not too eloquent or detailed with disc reviews, but here is what I have found so far:

I looked for this disc to replace the spot of my Rhyno slot, which I typically use as a utility putter or weird/windy situation putter. So for comparison's sake, I am comparing this more towards a Rhyno. I don't own a Zone or Jokeri etc, so my conclusion is a little limited...

First I love the feel of the c-line P3 compared to the d-line counterpart. If you have a d-line you can definitely tell there was a retool; the C-P3 feels beefier in the hand, and feels more natural than the rim of the d-line. Mine are nice and flat. Also, as dehaas noted, there may be some slight plussiness...

As I mentioned, I use a Rhyno as a utility putter. Many of these shots include short forehands, including some that I put on anny lines. On occasion I also use the Rhyno off the tee RHBH, usually for shots between 200 - 250. When testing the C-P3, I attempted to use the disc in all of these scenarios, and found that compared to my Rhynos the C-P3 seems to have more HSS and glide, but for some reason seemed to lack the LSS of the Rhyno (maybe it was the glide factor). Finally, on forehand upshots the C-P3 seemed much more nose angle sensitive than the Rhyno, meaning if I wanted throw a sweeping forehand anny as an approach shot, it was much more likely to nose dive and cut roll, where as my Rhyno would not.

I did not putt with C-P3 as much, but when I did I found that it wasn't much more stable than my S-P2s...but I will leave that review to someone else.

Overall, I doubt it's going to kick the Rhyno out of the bag. It wouldn't hurt if the disc was slightly more stable and more predictable for working different lines. I wanna like it, I do, but this Discmaniac might have to sit this one out.

i doubt this will replace the rhyno, but it is a longer p2. it isn't quite a mid and it isn't quite a putter.

SFirst I love the feel of the c-line P3 compared to the d-line counterpart. If you have a d-line you can definitely tell there was a retool; the C-P3 feels beefier in the hand, and feels more natural than the rim of the d-line. Mine are nice and flat. Also, as dehaas noted, there may be some slight plussiness...

Sounds comfy. I ordered a couple of them earlier today... not looking for big fade, just for good, durable HSS for hyzers and teeshots.

Are they grippy jollylauncher-type champ plastic? firmer like CFDs?

First I love the feel of the c-line P3 compared to the d-line counterpart. If you have a d-line you can definitely tell there was a retool; the C-P3 feels beefier in the hand, and feels more natural than the rim of the d-line. Mine are nice and flat.

Sounds like they changed everything I mentioned about the disc itself in my review. It doesn't sound like they added a whole lot of beef to it.

I'm interested in trying one now.

Latest posts