• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Discmania P3

Okay, just got these, they feel pretty soft to me. Blue one and a pink one that's swirly. Not super smooth/clear texture, but more that steel-wool look.

They... They feel like Fuses, in the hand. So there's that.

My first impressions:

Feel: These are tall, domey discs with a very "understable feel" to the rim. The plastic is softer champ, similar to any Roc3's I've felt, but not quite as shiny/clear. Now that they're dry they're plenty grippy, but in the rain on the course today it was a different story.

Flight: I had a few just-wet-enough-to-be-extra-grippy throws, where I tried to dry off best I could and ended up with a sticky disc and late/terrible releases. I took an extra drive on the last hole and threw a BH roller (vertical anhyzer straight to the ground style) with one of these and that worked out very well.

I only got a few field tosses with them all dried off. The first one I OAT'd pretty hard, my Wizard or Yeti would've burned, but the P3 recovered and flexed back out of the turn into a smooth fade and about 270' in distance. The next two I threw higher and they had no turn and a decent fade for 250'.

Next time I'm out I'll be working these on lower lines. I'm not sure how well I like the domed feel.

My impression so far is that these aren't a super strong offering from Discmania. The most popular overstable putters are flat and low on glide because that's what handles power best, and that's what cuts into headwinds best. The P3 doesn't have the grip-n-rip feel of a Zone or Sinus. I'm still hoping they'll be good stable driving putters that won't get chewed up in the woods, ones that I can power past ~220' w/o having them drift right on me and power down for fade-in approaches.

I'll post again more after a couple/few more rounds.

Need to agree that it's not what I expected from Discmania. And about the plastic, mine is pretty stiff. Def no jolly launcher. Got it from pre-release, so it should be from same run? Feels the same as my pre-release C-FD.

But anyway: First run stamp or not, I'll let this one go, this wont be a classic IMHO. Solid driving putter tho.

Need to agree that it's not what I expected from Discmania. And about the plastic, mine is pretty stiff. Def no jolly launcher. Got it from pre-release, so it should be from same run? Feels the same as my pre-release C-FD.

But anyway: First run stamp or not, I'll let this one go, this wont be a classic IMHO. Solid driving putter tho.

Interesting. My C-P3s are definitely jolly launcher and have minimal dome. This disc could be so much more, and in my opinion falls short in a lot of ways.

Latest posts