• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Discmania P3

haha you weren't wasting my time, just wanted to make sure that if there was going to be general outrage at the dominess on these it was directed to the right place.

i'm interested to see if these ever come out in premium plastic.

Believe me, I will pass along everything I can think of after this weekend's initial impression (including the pics I posted). I just couldn't pass up an opportunity to be an ass.

Is the tooling on these indicative of another mold? The "San Marino" at the bottom by itself is new to me.

Frenzy...Fever...Freak...Fiend....Craze.....Psycho....Maniac....Maybe the "maddness" or "insanity" is coming :)

Believe me, I will pass along everything I can think of after this weekend's initial impression (including the pics I posted). I just couldn't pass up an opportunity to be an ass.

Is the tooling on these indicative of another mold? The "San Marino" at the bottom by itself is new to me.

other than the dominess as shown in your pics (which apparently doesn't exist on other people's...yay consistency) how does the plastic feel?

i.e. is it firm zone or soft zone feeling?

I like my soft zones...although I picked up my zero pures again...oh my
Zones in that plastic

It is more firm zone in feel but with more grip. The flightplate is also more pliable. While I like the plastic, it doesn't hold a candle to the softer Zones.

if the disc is really an overstable putter i think a good manly name like that would fit it well.

The disc is an overstable putter. It is so shallow it feels like a midrange.
when thrown flat it is nearly as overstable as a rhyno, but it holds an anhyser line longer.
It seems to have more glide.

Also the current plastic is junk. after one day of field testing and putting the disc went from 10/10 to around 7/10.

The disc is an overstable putter. It is so shallow it feels like a midrange.
when thrown flat it is nearly as overstable as a rhyno, but it holds an anhyser line longer.
It seems to have more glide.

I couldn't agree more with this. Despite looking like a Zone in profile, it definitely doesn't have the beef that Sini and Zones have. I was really surprised. I would say it has Zone glide with a Rhyno flight. I would almost rate the turn around -0.(2)5 with maybe a +1.5 - +2 on fade.

I couldn't agree more with this. Despite looking like a Zone in profile, it definitely doesn't have the beef that Sini and Zones have. I was really surprised. I would say it has Zone glide with a Rhyno flight. I would almost rate the turn around -0.(2)5 with maybe a +1.5 - +2 on fade.

Yep. Finally got a couple of rounds in with it. Easy to throw off the tee, but really not what I was expecting. I hit a tree roughly 50ft off the pad and the ****ing thing tacoed pretty badly. Can't say I am really impressed, unfortunately. If it was a tad flatter and in premium plastic, I might give it chance.

I will also add that I don't think it has a whole lot more fade than a new D-P2. Really just enough to compensate for the added turn.

I would like one in a premium plastic with this plastic's flight, I would consider swapping the Rhyno for it since it would overlap less with my beat D and Glo Z Zones. Mine felt great in the cold, but I threw them in the open so I can't comment on its durability yet. Taking it to my home pitch and putt for a full round tomorrow though. Lots of gravel and blacktop around the pins.

As of right now, I absolutely prefer to throw my beat to death, soft concave D Zone . They have no turn for a lot of their life, and don't lose much of their solid, predictable fade. Mine turns a little less than the P3 but fades a lot harder.

Got in a side by side round with the P3 and Rhyno. The P3 is about 15-20' longer with a similar fade. It has less HSS than the Rhyno and is much less tolerant of form flaws. I found when I didn't get the throw right, it would turn gently and not come back at all. I don't think I'll be throwing mine again. I did submit in my review that I would like to try a flat P3 made in the same stiff plastic as the Factory Store R-Pro Rhynos. What a shame. It is a pretty comfortable disc.

Faster, with slightly more hss and more lss. Not very oat tolerant. Better glide. This is compared to a new max weight wizard. It threw a lot like the new domey star classic rocs.

are you sure you dont mean less HSS than the wizard. im reading the p3 turns and i have never found a wizard to turn, unless hpp in high wind.

People def need to let DM know it needs to be more stable.

I haven't thrown a Wizard a lot off the tee, but it is more HSS to me (zero turn) than the P3.

I submitted my review to Discmania and made sure to note that it needed more HSS, better plastic (asked for a premium plastic), and a flat flightplate.

i had been wanting to pick up a few pds from dgv for a bit and finally pulled the trigger on the order today. went ahead and snagged a first run p3 also.

i could've swore i'd read somewhere that the release on the first runs was going to be delayed a bit due a change in the mold...wanted to think jussi had something posted on facebook but i could be mistaken. i didn't order one of the testers from the pro shop but i'm interested to see what this looks like when it shows up. figured for 8 bucks it was worth the gamble to check out. the description says it has an xd shape but big bead aviar stability. sounds like a beefier classic roc to me.