• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Discraft: Archer

Nice thrower, I bag 2 now. I was hoping to see it in Z. I would love to see it in glow plastic. Throws like driver, glides like a mid range.

Nothing like a t-bird

Hopefully it throws like a t-bird.

I have a old kc tee bird in my bag as a go to stable disc. The Archer is under-stable, well the 2 I have bagged are. The 2 are a better form of a Stratus IMO. As it has gotten colder the disc have gotten more under-stable(AR16), 173-174g.

Has anyone seen these in stores yet? Would like to see if the Z has a little more stability

this disc BLEW in the ace race....the idea was exciting, but it was crazy crazy flippy. Maybe for newbies as an all around mid. but. overall, didnt like it

I'm excited to try one in Z. Would be nice if they get a hair more stable.

The AR version was super flippy. Like brand spanking new, comparable to the oldest most beat base-line mid I've thrown. Not a bad option for people who don't want to wait for discs to season.

Def weird to see it called simply a "driver", since it's tweener mid/fairway at fastest. Especially with the large diameter it seems quite mid-ish.

I compare this disc to an Innova Cobra.

Seemed like a longer Cobra IMO.

Otherwise good comparison.

Those who are saying this disc was too flippy must be eating too many OATS.

I was putting this thing out to 350'-400' on a slow hyzer flip/turnover deal.

Super fun disc.

...weird to see it called simply a "driver", since it's tweener mid/fairway at fastest. Especially with the large diameter it seems quite mid-ish.

I know right? Thats still weird to me too.

...Those who are saying this disc was too flippy must be eating too many OATS.

I was putting this thing out to 350'-400' on a slow hyzer flip/turnover deal.

Super fun disc.

^This was my experience. Although Im only getting about 300-350 max. Super straight long low flips. Like the glide just keeps on carrying it out there.

Been in my bag since I got it in early Sep... haven't wanted to take it out. This disc's combo of turn, controlability, and oh that gliiide - make for great line shaping on wooded courses. One of the funnest discs I've ever throwed!

I already bag a Meteor, Glide, BuzzzSS (sometimes), Buzzz & BuzzzOS. Do I need the Archer? I don't think so. I think the Meteor & Glide have it covered based on similar flight numbers.

Anyone else agree / disagree

I already bag a Meteor, Glide, BuzzzSS (sometimes), Buzzz & BuzzzOS. Do I need the Archer? I don't think so. I think the Meteor & Glide have it covered based on similar flight numbers.

Anyone else agree / disagree

I'll second that for sure. In fact thats exactly why i dont carry my meteor any more. Or at least wont carry both. For me, the archer fits that spot better than the meteor. Which really begs the question, if this^ is your philosophy, why are you already carrying like 4 understable mids? A Meteor, a Glide a Buzzz and a BuzzzSS? Yeah, I'd agree you dont need an Archer on top of all that. :thmbup:

Latest posts