• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Discraft: Archer

BuzzzSS sometimes but the Glide has been pushing out the BuzzzSS these days. My Buzzz is a 175 Ti & it is for sure not understable.

I would consider just my Glide & Meteor understable.

Looks like the Archer also has a bead so count me out for sure. I prefer no bead which is the whole reason I switched to the Buzzz from Rocs years ago.

BuzzzSS sometimes but the Glide has been pushing out the BuzzzSS these days. My Buzzz is a 175 Ti & it is for sure not understable.

I would consider just my Glide & Meteor understable.

Looks like the Archer also has a bead so count me out for sure. I prefer no bead which is the whole reason I switched to the Buzzz from Rocs years ago.

If youre not comparing your buzzz or buzzzss to the archer then why did you compare your buzzz and buzzzss to the archer?

=Peter S;3132743]I already bag a Meteor, Glide, BuzzzSS (sometimes), Buzzz & BuzzzOS. Do I need really the Archer?

Im not trying to hassle you. I guess i dont get
Where your coming from. I will say that the archer currently replaces all my US mids. Thats just me. Probably just the way i choose to set up my bag, and the fact that i have little girly hands. I get a cleaner release from the archer than i do something like a buzzz or meteor because its got a more compact rim profile and i can grip it properly. So, for me its a better pick. As for the bead, i really really dont notice it at all. If anything it actually makes it fit even more comfortably in my hand. Again, thats just me.

I was just making a point that all my mids have no bead and the reason why I prefer a Glide & Meteor is they feel similar to a Buzzz in my hand.

Also a reason why I do not like a Comet. A Comet does not feel like a Buzzz.

ewww, that bead :/

Also, I carry a Stratus and a Glide. I'm not sure how this disc fits in their lineup. I always thought I was kinda crazy for carrying both of these discs and never really considered there to be space for another disc between the two. For me, the Glide has the same flight pattern as the Stratus. Basically, it's just a longer Stratus that can handle more power.

For those that have thrown it, how does it compare to the Stratus and Glide? Just from reading about it, it sounds like they're describing a Glide to me (with a bead).

Less flippy than a stratus for sure. Mine is less domey too. Like a less flippy, slower turning, more dialed in stratus that can really take some tourqe. High speed 350' hyzer flips like lasers! PYOO! PYOOO! :thmbup: I havent thrown a glide so cant comment there sir.

Well, a comet is a 4/5/-2/1. Whereas, the archer is a 6/5/-3/1. So, a relatively OS comet probably wouldnt have a line similar to the archer, if thats what you mean.

Less flippy than a stratus for sure. Mine is less domey too. Like a less flippy, slower turning, more dialed in stratus that can really take some tourqe. High speed 350' hyzer flips like lasers! PYOO! PYOOO! :thmbup: I havent thrown a glide so cant comment there sir.

Love those laser sound effects! :thmbup:

Has anyone thrown the Z's yet? How are they flying? More or less stable than the ESPs?

Z archer

Hello, to all of the people wanting to know about the Z archers, here is my 2 cents.

I bought 2 176g red first runs when they first came out and let me say if you love hyzer flip discs this is it. I own a 177g esp meteor also which flies and feels similar, however the meteor (pink colored) can take waaaaaaaay more snap before it turns over. I can throw my meteor with a 15-20 degree at 75% power on a hyzer release and it will flip up flat and ride, or if I really over power it it will flip up, turn over and fade right at the end for a soft landing. The archer is much more of a finesse disc and holds turn overs better with much less effort. For example I played a tournament a few weeks ago and there is a roughly 400+ ft dog leg right shot on high elevation. I released this disc at a 15 degree hyzer angle and threw maybe half speed and it gently flipped up and turned over all the way to ground, however it did flatten out right at the end to have a soft skip about 25 ft from the basket. (I use this shot because my side arm is more than a joke). I am not a power thrower, but if I throw at full speed I have to throw it with a 70 degree hyzer release or it will just turn right over. I am not a great roller thrower but these are amazing for that! These are also money for controlled hyzer flip tunnel shots. I can't really compare it to a DC glide atm because the only one I have ever thrown was reaaaaallly old and broken in over maybe 6 years. I really like the archers to say the least, it really helps me to throw more controlled instead of full throttle all the time. These could be huge distance getters if you throw them high enough to glide to their intended target. Monsters on downhill shots too! I hope this helps.

Cheers.