• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Discraft buzzz -what plastic

Billy_awesome

Hey all first year player here. First time poster.

Started playing disc golf this year. Fell in love with the sport and I play as many times a week as I possibly can.

The disccraft buzzz D was the first disc I ever bought and I fell love with it.

After a year of using this disc as my go to disc, It has shown some good wear.

Over the winter I would like to upgrade this beat up disc.

Now looking at disccrafts website I was wondering if I could get some help on determining the best plastic for me.

I would say I'm an intermediate player I normally don't play in the rain I like the type of plastic of pro D but I wouldn't mind something more durable to last me longer.

Also maybe a more stable and dependable flightpath because I know different plastics have different flight characteristics.

If you guys can help me find a little plastic it would be really helpful thank you.

Cryztal Z. Trust me, and thank me later. The stuff is nearly indestructable.

This. Z plastic is great, but Cryztal Z is even better.

And welcome to the site!

My go-to mid is my Z Buzzz, it goes very straight with some reliable fade at the end.

If I was you, I'd grab a new D Buzzz if you like the grip on it, and also get a Z or ESP that will be reliable for a long time.

Personally I found the cryztal Buzzz to be more understable than the Elite Z. I traded the cryztal to a buddy. It may have been my particular disc. I switched back to my Elite Z. Just my experience.

Personally I found the cryztal Buzzz to be more understable than the Elite Z. I traded the cryztal to a buddy. It may have been my particular disc. I switched back to my Elite Z. Just my experience.

I agree, that was my experience as well. However, the Cryztal plastic retains it's stability almost indefinitely, so it has an advantage over Z in that regard. Mine holds lines allllll day long and is basically the same disc after a year of heavy use.

Wow. Thanks for the quick responses guys! I think I'm going to like this forum!

I will definitely keep my pro d in my bag too. I'm starting to throw it better with my flick. It will go a mile straight if I don't turn it over (and never wants to come back)

I thought of the titanium buzzz. But I've heard so many mixed reviews on that type of plastic

The Titanium plastic is pretty. But I like the feel of a good Z or Cryztal plastic myself.

I will definitely keep my pro d in my bag too. I'm starting to throw it better with my flick. It will go a mile straight if I don't turn it over (and never wants to come back)

I thought of the titanium buzzz. But I've heard so many mixed reviews on that type of plastic

The Ti are nice but the colors can be hard to find on the course

This forum changed my game in many ways. I have a Ti Buzzz as well. Just never really liked it as much as my Elite Z.

Yeah this forum is really helpful for info, also throw your bag up in the bag feedback/suggestions forums and you'll get some great advice.

yes for you and your level...u aren't throwing the buzzz 400 feet yet so get a glow z buzzz at 170.

the worlds best player doesn't throw max weight! trust me you will do fine with 170 in the wind and it will fly further with better control!

I'd agree the Ti plastic can be hard to find, but I love my Ti Buzzz. It holds any line and has survived a couple really solid tree shots without significant damage. Z wool still hold up better, but I'm finding that ti/star/gold line are plenty durable.

Latest posts