• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] discraft drone

underpar24

Par Member
Do they make a discraft drone is Z plastic. all i can find is esp flx and pro. I am trying to convert all my disc to either Z or champion plastic.

There is a Z Drone, but it was a 2009 Worlds Fundraiser disc.

The only production models are FLX and D.

Do they make a discraft drone is Z plastic. all i can find is esp flx and pro. I am trying to convert all my disc to either Z or champion plastic.

dude imho the flx plastic is just as durable if not more durable than Z. and in FLX the drone should be crazy overstable.

I just don't like the ESp plastic because they get worn out so quick and start becoming an understable disc. Like my ESP Surge. i mean brand new it is a great driver but after i throw if for like 6 rounds it becomes understabe.

The Z Drone is a fundraiser/special run. It was made for 2009 Worlds and there are some other clubs that are selling them with their stamps

So it does exist, it's just a bit tougher to find. There are a few online shops that still have the 2009 Worlds models, may need to do a search...

discgolfworld.com
search z drone
they have some, but flx and d are the only prodution lines, as mentioned.

I just don't like the ESp plastic because they get worn out so quick and start becoming an understable disc. Like my ESP Surge. i mean brand new it is a great driver but after i throw if for like 6 rounds it becomes understabe.

FLX Esp and ESP are totally different in durability and flight. the FLX ESP just doesnt beat in. I spent hours on top of hours throwing my FLX surge into a wall from 30' away and full speed and it still flies the same now as it did then (gave it to my buddy over a year ago and he still plays with it). trust me the FLX plastic is uber-durable. its like 2+ yrs old and still flies like almost new.
my buddy has a flx buzzz and he throws it constantly. looks almost brand new (from original run of standard flx buzzz's) and flies like it to.

FLX Esp and ESP are totally different in durability and flight. the FLX ESP just doesnt beat in. I spent hours on top of hours throwing my FLX surge into a wall from 30' away and full speed and it still flies the same now as it did then (gave it to my buddy over a year ago and he still plays with it). trust me the FLX plastic is uber-durable. its like 2+ yrs old and still flies like almost new.
my buddy has a flx buzzz and he throws it constantly. looks almost brand new (from original run of standard flx buzzz's) and flies like it to.

Right on. My flx drone is still almost brand new so i guess i will keep throwing it. thanks.

Love my Z-Drones. Not quite as overstable as the FLX ones. The Z-Drone has had a spot in my bag ever since they were first released. :)

A mid, especially an overstable mid like a drone will beat in a lot slower than a sharp-rimmed driver no matter what plastic it's in, so I wouldn't worry about an esp drone beating in quickly at all.

Why doesn't any one throw pro d drones. It will still take those sharp lines but become more versitile.

Would a drone fill a gap between a wasp and a banshee, or just be too much overlap?

I carry rocs (comparable to wasps), a gator (comparable to the drone), and a banshee, and throw all of them regularly, without too much overlap where I'm trying to decide between two of those discs (except in some wind situations where I could throw the roc and try to use the wind, or just throw the gator hard and ignore the wind).

I agree with Eric, the Z-Drone is not as stable as a FLX. I will also say that FLX does not beat fast at all and will stay stable a very long time.

I must've gotten a bad one because my FLX Drone flew like new for about four months before it started losing some of its' serious hook. It's still plenty overstable, just far from new. It's gained some glide as a result, though. It became a staple in my bag almost instantly and is not going anywhere, anytime soon. I can't wait to throw the Z Drone I got in the mail Monday. Hopefully it'll take more of a beating.

flx definitely holds its characteristics much more. i have one thats stayed close to as stable after hundreds of rounds and heavy use.

Why doesn't any one throw pro d drones. It will still take those sharp lines but become more versitile.

I went through 2 D Drones in just a few month's before getting a FLX Drone last year. The only reason I throw it is for it's extreme overstability. Once the D plastic hits a few trees it loosens up too much for me.
The FLX has been money for over a year now and I throw it regularly.
It's still tight as ever.

I must've gotten a bad one because my FLX Drone flew like new for about four months before it started losing some of its' serious hook. It's still plenty overstable, just far from new. It's gained some glide as a result, though. It became a staple in my bag almost instantly and is not going anywhere, anytime soon. I can't wait to throw the Z Drone I got in the mail Monday. Hopefully it'll take more of a beating.

same here with the FLX drone!

5 different cool Z Drones shown here...

http://www.marshallstreetdiscgolf.com

search bar: Drone

tbird, was it a le? Those were not as stiff.

cwiz, I agree that it changes, just that it's not a bad change.