• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discraft Memorial Day Mystery box results $99

I had a 9lbs box:

Glo crank
Fly dye zombie
Jawbreaker magnet
Mini Halloween buzz
Sticker
Bottle opener
Marker
Lanyard
Hat
Disc towel
Two shirts
And finally

A tourney bag
No grip but it will work.
Plz post if anyone on here get a grip or basket

Attachments

• 20190605_122522.jpg
    20190605_122522.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 129
I had a 9lbs box:

Glo crank
Fly dye zombie
Jawbreaker magnet
Mini Halloween buzz
Sticker
Bottle opener
Marker
Lanyard
Hat
Disc towel
Two shirts
And finally

A tourney bag
No grip but it will work.
Plz post if anyone on here get a grip or basket

Those tye dye Zombees are everywhere, must have run a bunch that didn't sell well.

This is probably why you see so many ppl upset. I havent seen this posted but this is from the discraft email that convinced me to buy it.

"Secondly... SALES. While there are tons of great deals offered, the real catch of the weekend is the Mystery Box. Clocking in at $99, this box is loaded to the brim with goodies. From multiple baskets and bags to the rarest Buzzz discs in existence, the number of surPrizes given this weekend are on a whole new level. "

Now. Read that and explain some of these boxes please...... :)

If you have an unknown source to get disc golf stuff at nearly 50% off retail, what are you buying a mystery box for? Other than the chase of the gamble?

It's not an unknown source, it's Discraft. Host an Ace Race and you get wholesale pricing. Yes, the chance I got something great was minimal, and the chainstar lite would have been cheaper to buy outright. I was hoping for a pro or a grip bag, the signed disc, and if not, all the items would go up for raffles at my Ace Race, which is what's going to happen. I may sell the Buzzz I got for $15 or so to get a decent chunk back, but, raffles will bring in more than that anyways. Whatever we raise, I always bring up to the next $100 mark, so I'm not really paying myself back anything.

The wholesale pricing is really nice, except you do need to order a minimum of 25 discs to get anything, you can't just order a basket and be done. I'll likely place an order again this year and sell the discs for a couple $ more than I pay to raise a few $$ here and there and give people a good deal, too.

All said and done, I'm a gambling man, lol.

This is probably why you see so many ppl upset. I havent seen this posted but this is from the discraft email that convinced me to buy it.

"Secondly... SALES. While there are tons of great deals offered, the real catch of the weekend is the Mystery Box. Clocking in at $99, this box is loaded to the brim with goodies. From multiple baskets and bags to the rarest Buzzz discs in existence, the number of surPrizes given this weekend are on a whole new level. "

Now. Read that and explain some of these boxes please...... :)

You left out this little nugget:

"When you spend $99.99 you are guaranteed to receive a box worth a whole lot more in retail value."

This is exactly what I received. I'm guessing there's a bean counter that made sure these boxes added up to "at least" $100 retail, so a lot of identical ones.

I'm also thinking that bean counter took a lunch break and the warehouse went wild then. I have seen a couple of almost identical boxes to ours, but they had an bigger extra as well (Discraft hoodie or Discraft Tournament bag).

I'm surprised by the mystery box trend. The longer I play, the more specific I am. I know what molds, plastic types, and weights I prefer. The thought of handing someone $100 and having them put a box of disc golf stuff together for me is just not appealing.

Overall I'm glad I bought a mystery box for $100, heck this thread was worth that in entertainment value alone. It was kind of like Christmas, you open it up and realize you just got a bunch of things you wouldn't normally buy for yourself. I mean I wasn't even playing disc golf in 2012, and now I have a brand new Discraft ace race mini from 2012 -- priceless!

Actually though everything I got was pretty cool, I showed my mystery box to some buddies and they all thought it was a really good haul. But I probably wouldn't do another one like this unless I knew an insider who was filling orders, that seems to be the best strategy... ;)

I'm surprised by the mystery box trend. The longer I play, the more specific I am. I know what molds, plastic types, and weights I prefer. The thought of handing someone $100 and having them put a box of disc golf stuff together for me is just not appealing.

Exactly. I'm not at all interested in spending $100 to get 3 or 4 discs I won't throw and a couple t-shirts I'm not that interested in. Did you all get to specify your shirt size? As someone who wears small/medium depending on fit, I'd hate getting a bunch of L and XL clothing.

Latest posts