• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discraft needs to step their game back up'

Lol, no way is Prodigy number 2.

LOL Prodigy at number 2? Please.

Innova is still like 80% of the market, Discraft is a distant second with Trilogy making some ground. Everyone else is dividing up like 5%

*Percentages are pure guesses.

*Percentages are pure guesses.

That's the way we roll here at DGCR.

And I hate to tell people, but what you might see on your local courses or at your local tournaments might not be reflective of the entire country or world, as it is of what may be available/popular in your area. There's a big Trilogy fan base around here, but being less than 100 miles from DD world headquarters, that's to be expected. Just as I'd expect Discraft to be popular in the upper Midwest, or Prodigy in the southeast.

That's the way we roll here at DGCR.

And I hate to tell people, but what you might see on your local courses or at your local tournaments might not be reflective of the entire country or world, as it is of what may be available/popular in your area. There's a big Trilogy fan base around here, but being less than 100 miles from DD world headquarters, that's to be expected. Just as I'd expect Discraft to be popular in the upper Midwest, or Prodigy in the southeast.

Yes, as a Michigan golfer, Discraft is terrific. They quietly do a bunch for the golf community....and I see a ton of Discraft being thrown. Pretty rare to see a Prodigy disc about these parts.

^i saw more Discraft in MI than any other place I've played. In OR/WA I've seen a few. Fair bit in WI/MN but not a ton here in the south.

There are of course Buzzz devotees in all markets but that's not a Discraft fan IMO.

Personally I'm a big fan of the Force, Wildcat and do like the Buzzz. Nebula was a personal fave, too bad you can't get those things.

I live in in a smallish town, with only one city sanctioned public disc golf course but you can buy three different manufacturers discs(Innova/Discraft/Trilogy) at multiple locales. If you want Prodigy you have to go online... even Spinners(Phx) doesn't carry Prodigy... But yeah, I throw some Prodigy still.

Yeah around here in MI, its Discraft/Innova 1A & 1B but a close second is MVP/Axiom. After that....well its maybe Trilogy stuff

Discraft might make some odd decisions on which plastics are offered for their molds, but we don't know what all goes into that decision.

As was stated, it might be difficult and not cost effective to run some molds in certain plastics.

It would certainly be difficult to argue though that they don't offer a full set of amazing plastic.

Z, Big Z, Z FLX, Cryztal, Cryztal FLX, Cryztal Sparkle FLX, ESP, ESP FLX, GLO Z, Ti, Ti FLX, Elite X, Soft X, CT and Pro D.

I'm sure I'm missing one.

Z-lite :)

I live in in a smallish town, with only one city sanctioned public disc golf course but you can buy three different manufacturers discs(Innova/Discraft/Trilogy) at multiple locales. If you want Prodigy you have to go online... even Spinners(Phx) doesn't carry Prodigy... But yeah, I throw some Prodigy still.

Uli just posted that Spinners got a big load of Prodigy in last week.

Discraft stepped up as primary sponsor of BHMO this year. That's in addition to all the other tournaments they'll be sponsoring. I'm gonna guess that they don't really care what Aim thinks about them.

I don't think Prodigy is doing that well.

It could just be a weird thing around here. Lots of Trilogy and Prodigy mixing in with the Innova discs, and frankly not a lot of Discraft. We've got some guys here pushing prodigy pretty hard, so it wouldn't surprise me if it's just a lot more popular here.

--Edit

But I really don't see much Discraft at all any more. Mainly a few Buzzzes around.

There are a lot of people trying to make Prodigy happen, but other than the H1/X1 I haven't been too excited for anything they've done.

IMO, Discraft is doing the same thing that they have been doing since they were the definite #2. When you think about Discraft, what do you think? I think consistency and a fair amount of new releases without flooding the market. Did they really do anything other than that to get to number 2? Was Discraft focused on being top in DG, or was it something that just happened? I think Discraft is playing the tortoise in this race and instead of racing the new contenders in the market, doing what they are best at. While I don't throw Discraft, I don't think they are going anywhere.

The PA3 may be good, I tried the PA1 and 4 and didn't like the depth of the 1 and felt the rim on the 4 was offensive for some reason to my hands.

They made some underwhelming Z Nebs. It was arguably the biggest disappointment changing from one plastic type to another has ever caused.
I don't know anything about Nebulas, but if the Z Nebula was more disappointing than the Z Cyclone it would have to suck big time. :|

They made some underwhelming Z Nebs. It was arguably the biggest disappointment changing from one plastic type to another has ever caused.

What was underwhelming about them to you? I like mine a lot. It was just a limited edition release with a limited edition price.

I don't know anything about Nebulas, but if the Z Nebula was more disappointing than the Z Cyclone it would have to suck big time. :|

The only Cyclone I've ever thrown was elite Z (173, I think) and there was/is nothing disappointing about it. Does that mean I'd be even happier with X?