• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Discraft Tracker... least popular disc ever?

burdphil

Eagle Member
I'm not one who's typically prone to hyperbole, so know that I'm not exaggerating with the title of this thread.

I've recently been on a Discraft kick since falling in love with the Buzzz SS and the Stalker, so I've been looking for a disc that fits into the longer stable fairway driver category. I did some research and found that the Tracker could be what I was looking for.

Yesterday I went to my local shop that carries Discraft, DGA, and Innova. Most of the Discraft stuff was out of stock as they had not received their spring order yet. The Tracker row, however, was full. Every single slot was taken, about 10 to 12 discs in total.

I started picking through the selection and noticed that they were all completely covered in dust, like they hadn't been touched in years. I also noticed that they were all either ESP or Elite-X plastic. ESP has been OOP since 2010, and Elite-X has been OOP since 2007.

So, basically, no one had bought, or apparently even touched, any of the Trackers in 3+ years. Why on earth is this? I bought one of the ESPs, threw it almost exclusively as my main driver at the local league last night, and absolutely loved it. It works very well for me personally... dead straight with good distance and a predictable bite at the end, and it seemed to have a very consistent and clean release out of my hand every time. More importantly, it flew almost exactly the same regardless of whether I was throwing downwind or into a headwind. It's definitely going in my bag.

So why does this disc get no love? Am I the only one who'll be bagging the Tracker this season?

I've honestly never heard of it. Then again, the only discraft disc I've ever owned was the buzzz.

I was thinking about using the Tracker, since it has a cool name. I know, it's not a great reason. But I wanted X and ESP, and they're OOP, so I got the XL instead. I think my store's shelf is full of ESP too.

I'm not sure why they're unpopular. But hey, more for you :thmbup:

I would stock up on some ESP and X at your local store. The X should beat in well, and you already like the ESP. Worst case scenario, you end up with some OOP discs that may be worth money eventually.

By the way, Sarah Hokom uses trackers.

I almost can't play without it. Used many times per round.

Just looking at a typical day's bag, out of 20 or so discs, I only carry 3 Discraft: tracker/meteor/magnet.

Last edited:
There's nothing wrong with Trackers. It just doesn't have the aura about it that a Teebird does.

The tracker was my favorite disc before the MVP drivers came on the scene it's not as glidey as a Teebird but still a reliable disc

The tracker was my favorite disc before the MVP drivers came on the scene it's not as glidey as a Teebird but still a reliable disc

Do any of the MVP drivers compare to the Tracker? I haven't thrown the Volt or the Shock, but from what I've read it seems like it might fall right between those two...?

Do any of the MVP drivers compare to the Tracker? I haven't thrown the Volt or the Shock, but from what I've read it seems like it might fall right between those two...?

In my opinion, the volt compares to both an ESP tracker and a star Teebird, but way more glide and IMO more versatile

I don't see how the Tracker with it's 1.3 wing can compete distancewise with the Teebird or XL with their 1.7cm wings or the 1.9-2.0 wings of the MVP fairways.

I sold all of the Trackers that I had. It wasn't a huge demand but I got rid of them. I still have a few Pulses. If I was going to pick the least popular mold I would guess the Spectra

I don't see how the Tracker with it's 1.3 wing can compete distancewise with the Teebird or XL with their 1.7cm wings or the 1.9-2.0 wings of the MVP fairways.

The Tracker doesn't have a 1.3 wing. I saw that on the PDGA approved discs list... not sure where that came from? I'd say the wing is maybe a 1.7 or 1.8...

For me personally, the tracker was my favorite disc because it was versatile and useful for me with my power level and skill level at the time but with my improved form and power i can make my stash of MVP drivers do anything i need and with more distance. I still have one ESP tracker though, one owned by EMac when he was throwing them, even has his contact info on the back

I'm glad to hear some positive comments on this thing. I'd never heard of it before yesterday, when my cousin - who we got into the sport during a family round on my wedding weekend a few weeks ago - emailed me for some disc recommendations and said he had picked one up. I told him just to learn how to play the fade and he should be fine, but I'm glad it's not a Groove-type disc.

I have thrown several trackers, z and esp, and find them to be a great disc. I enjoyed pairing it with my stalker. I think one reason it may not be as popular as other dc discs is bc I have read they were inconsistant from run to run. My ESP was flatter than my Zs and a bit less glide, but over all had the same flight path (a straighter predator). Only reason I stopped throwing my trackers is bc my flx avenger covered that slot. I still take them out for field work bc they are fun to throw.

I sold all of the Trackers that I had. It wasn't a huge demand but I got rid of them. I still have a few Pulses. If I was going to pick the least popular mold I would guess the Spectra

Spectra is the Groove of Discraft.