• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] discraft tracker

bhuff

Double Eagle Member
Found this yesterday in some shule off by my horribly thrown disc...Its an elite x. Anyone use these? Are they any good? stable understable or what? comparable to..?

Stability is comparable to an elite Z Crush. It's not as long because it has less glide. Expect it to be a good anhyzer flex disc unless it's broken in a little, then it'll be a solid hyzer flip disc. It's not as consistent as the Crush, so it's not too solid for headwinds or wind in general. For more comparisons, just check out discraft's flight guide:
http://www.discraft.com/downloads/flightchart_1003.jpg

or the universal disc chart
http://www.gottagogottathrow.com/discgolf/pdf/JoesFlightChart1.pdf

Those were the best Trackers imo...They actually fly like advertised (longer Buzzz) and have WAY more glide than any Trackers made since. Unfortunately they are oop.

I've always thought they flew like an eagle

That seems like a reasonable comparison. I was just trying to keep it within the same disc company. Cross company comparisons can become somewhat difficult to make. It might even fly like a Groove, but everyone on here seems to disagree what the Groove actually does. Basically, this disc can S and it will be slower than a Crush, but faster than a Gazelle...come to think of it, it's a Tee-Bird with more Fade. Call this a fairway driver

My Photon Glow Tracker (also OOP) flies very much like my Champ Eagle.

Well this one seems to be brand spanking new...I guess it's first throw was on the hole I found it, landed in some deep grass. No nicks or anything...probably wont throw since i have teebirds. It had the price tag still on there from near by disc shop, was 12.99 good price for one of those since there oop?

Attachments

• photo (2).jpg
    photo (2).jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 40
the X Tracker is not at all the same disc as the Z or ESP Tracker. It's even less stable than the Players Cup Z Trackers, which were like faster Teebirds.
Much like the X Avenger compared to the Z or ESP Tracker, they really are not the same disc, The X Avenger is closer to a Valkyrie, while the Z Avengers and ESP Avengers are more like Champ Starfires.

The X Tracker does kinda fit the bill as a "longer Buzzz", like it's promoted on the website. But, they are discontinued, and for some reason, Discraft still say that the Zs and ESP Trackers are longer Buzzzes, but they are more like Eagles, and some are more like Predators.

The X Tracker is more like a Pro Teebird, if they even make those anymore. Maybe less stable than that. It's a good straight flyer with a lot of glide. But, they break in a little quick, faster than my X Avengers actually.

I really liked the X Tracker, but it really couldn't take the place of my XLs or my X Avengers. I wish they made this mold or the '05 Players Cup Z Tracker mold into production. The current Z and ESP Trackers aren't that bad, but certainly not a longer buzzz, and still not the Teebirdish driver that Discraft need. The Stalker is almost there, but it's slower, has a larger diameter, and is just not a Teebird.

I know this thread is old, but tough $#!+....

Just bought an Elite-Z Tracker today but havnt thrown it yet. Anyone else on here own an Elite-Z Tracker and love it? This one has kind of a flat top on it. I think being brand new it will be my go-to sidearm disc until it gets beat-in too much.:\

Anyone?... please chime in and tell me your thoughts. Love it or hate it?

the X Tracker is not at all the same disc as the Z or ESP Tracker. It's even less stable than the Players Cup Z Trackers, which were like faster Teebirds.
Much like the X Avenger compared to the Z or ESP Tracker, they really are not the same disc, The X Avenger is closer to a Valkyrie, while the Z Avengers and ESP Avengers are more like Champ Starfires.

The X Tracker does kinda fit the bill as a "longer Buzzz", like it's promoted on the website. But, they are discontinued, and for some reason, Discraft still say that the Zs and ESP Trackers are longer Buzzzes, but they are more like Eagles, and some are more like Predators.

The X Tracker is more like a Pro Teebird, if they even make those anymore. Maybe less stable than that. It's a good straight flyer with a lot of glide. But, they break in a little quick, faster than my X Avengers actually.

I really liked the X Tracker, but it really couldn't take the place of my XLs or my X Avengers. I wish they made this mold or the '05 Players Cup Z Tracker mold into production. The current Z and ESP Trackers aren't that bad, but certainly not a longer buzzz, and still not the Teebirdish driver that Discraft need. The Stalker is almost there, but it's slower, has a larger diameter, and is just not a Teebird.

I believe this post to be the smartest one I have seen in a very long time. Two thumbs up: :thmbup: :thmbup:

I throw both the X Tracker and the 2005 Player's Cup Trackers.

tracker is like a faster and more overstable teebird. i like the way it feels, try it out. the one you found will probably fly pretty straight though if it's worn in low grade plastic.

the X Tracker is not at all the same disc as the Z or ESP Tracker. Much like the X Avenger compared to the Z or ESP Tracker, they really are not the same disc, The X Avenger is closer to a Valkyrie, while the Z Avengers and ESP Avengers are more like Champ Starfires.

Glad this was brought back to life. It explains a lot. A friend lent me his X Tracker to use and I liked it a lot. When I had a chance to get a ESP one, I jumped on it but was disappointed. It was waaay more stable. Too stable to fit in my bag. So if anyone wants a nice ESP one, PM me.

i got a new elite-x tracker 168g if anyone is interested :) ... actually been thinking bout trying it out but i throw eagles and teebirds already

i've seen a beat-in Z tracker with a standard "DISCRAFT" stamp, nothing else, carve a longer line through the woods than any other disc

I am a tracker thrower myself. The ESP and Z Trackers are pretty stable beasts, like a stable teebird or eagle. The X tracker is a very straight disc, maybe like a dx teebird but with awesome feel.

Tracker

Here are more pics of the Tracker showing the dome and underside.

Attachments

• tracker 001.jpg
    tracker 001.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 34
  • tracker 002.jpg
    tracker 002.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 29