• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Discraft Zeppelin

aajpity

* Ace Member *
Bronze level trusted reviewer
When is this disc going to be released to the general public? Im interested in the stamp and if its released in a different plastic. I didn't like the disc too much though..

Also when will the 2012 disc be announced? Is it like July?

I didn't like the disc too much though..

I haven't heard of many people that do Bro. Maybe no demand to hear of and Ace Race participants not being able to sell 10/10 esp Zeppelins for half the price of retail shipped caused Discraft to think about it?

The latest flight charts didn't have the Zeppelin on it. I guess Discraft let it ramble...

...because it sucked

I'm buying backups for my pro-d zeppelin since it seems like they're not going to produce them. I'm a big fan for floaty upshots and shorter drives that need to go dead straight with a right turn late in the flight.

I'm buying backups for my pro-d zeppelin since it seems like they're not going to produce them. I'm a big fan for floaty upshots and shorter drives that need to go dead straight with a right turn late in the flight.

I got one id trade/sell to you

Hmm. Maybe ill buy my friends pro-d from him for like $3 lol. Pro-d was ok. Just for fun though. Anyways, that sucks that they won't but also doe it really matter?

Anybody know when package gets announced and is it always a pro-d/esp disc combo?

It doesn't get announced until events start happening in the fall. It's not always the same combo of plastics, last year's hornet was only in esp, the focus before that was in esp and d like the zeppelin.

I've got a black pro-d with a red stamp that I'd be happy to trade/sell if you want...7.5-8/10. Just used during the event and a little in grassy field practice. Thought about keeping it for a catch disc but it's just gathering dust here. Fun disc to play with.

I have an ESP without a stamp... Although I figure it isnt to rare seeing that there were ten of them in our ace race package.

I got one id trade/sell to you

I've got a black pro-d with a red stamp that I'd be happy to trade/sell if you want...7.5-8/10. Just used during the event and a little in grassy field practice. Thought about keeping it for a catch disc but it's just gathering dust here. Fun disc to play with.

Thanks for the offers guys, I should have been more specific. I have been buying backups and I have a decent stash with a couple more coming soon, I ought to be good for a while.

I got a set in a bulk purchase I made. I like the ESP -- first time I'd thrown ESP, and it persuaded me to try Innova's Star plastic (which I also like a lot). I gave the Pro-D to my son to mess with and throw when he plays with me.

I like the Zep when it's not windy; I find I can control it pretty well unless it gets hit by a gust of wind, which will blow it off course (kinda like a real Zeppelin). If Discraft was going to keep making them, I'd probably get an extra ESP or two, but it's really not that vital a part of my bag for me to be too worried about not being able to get them.

I still keep my ESP Zep. in my bag, but I'd love one in a premium plastic. Crystal FLX would be a dream, but highly unlikely I think, ohhh or Ti plastic!

I know many people at the Ace Race were whining about it. I like the floatyness of it, that's what makes it useful to me. But, seeing how many were at GGGT on saturday I'd imagine production plans were put on hold.

Judging by the amount of Zeppelin's unsold for cheap prices in the DGCR Marketplace, I would say that the demand is very low. I would not be surprised if the disc never makes it into production.

Discraft usually anounces the disc around the time it is shipping the first TD's package, which is a week before the first event. Events are not allowed to be scheduled until August 1st, so I would not expect them to announce the disc until the last week of July.

This upcoming Ace Race will be the 10th anniversary of the Ace Race. I am expecting a pretty good package in celebration of the 10th year.

Hmm. Maybe ill buy my friends pro-d from him for like $3 lol. Pro-d was ok. Just for fun though. Anyways, that sucks that they won't but also doe it really matter?

Anybody know when package gets announced and is it always a pro-d/esp disc combo?

It is usually both premium. 2009 (Focus) and 2011 (Zeppelin) had Pro-D/ESP combos since they were putters and most people prefer Pro-D for puttes.

I use it for approaches at that basket when it's too far to putt and I still want to make a run at it.

This upcoming Ace Race will be the 10th anniversary of the Ace Race. I am expecting a pretty good package in celebration of the 10th year.

That would be cool. I wonder what it could be. I already have 2 bags so that isn't useful to me anymore. Maybe like the 2 discs, a patch.. That's all I can think of. Whatever they do it's going to be nice hopefully. I hope to do the ace race every single year now. It's loads of fun!! :)

I use mine when I bring friends that have never played DG before. They seem to work just fine for them.

I thought Zeppelin was a good name for that disc. Discraft should have released about 100 with the Hindenburg exploding graphic on it. It would have made a great collectable.

I still keep my ESP Zep. in my bag, but I'd love one in a premium plastic. Crystal FLX would be a dream, but highly unlikely I think, ohhh or Ti plastic!

Discs whose flight is really dependent on glide often don't fly well in premium plastics, I didn't think the esp ones flew nearly as nicely as the pro d ones.

Latest posts