• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Discrafts misprint deal is awesome

haul from the summer

Longtime lurker - figured I'd finally share my first order of misprints...

Z-Flash (170)
ESP-Force (174)
ESP-Flex-Surge (168)
Z-Flick (170)
Z-Stalker (173)
ESP-Surge (170)
ESP-Impact (177)
2008 Ace Race (172)
Crystal Z Challenger (172-174)
ESP-Banger GT (173)

I've thrown everything except the Surges and the Flick. I really like the Stalker, the Ace Race, and the two putters. The Flash has potential, but moves a bit too much for me right now...

KS

mine are being shipped to my work tomorrow.

i've never been so excited to go to work

misprint deal review

This is one hell of a deal.

Saturday was the first opportunity to check out these new discs. My GF and I split the 10 and went to Wilson SP. We would have gone to our home course but got there just as a tournament was starting. Bummer. We know every blade of grass, every tree limb and every thorn bush like the backs of our hands. What better place to try out something new.

I took 5 discs out of my bag keeping only my Groove, Leopard and putter. I figured those 3 were my must have discs. The Groove and Leopard never left the bag. I had the Crush, Wasp, Comet, 1 of the Trackers (ESP) and the Flick. She kept the other Tracker (Z), Surge, Ace Race 2006 (Meteor), Buzzz & 150 class Avenger. I used the gottagogottathrow matrix as a guide and wrote down which disc was closest to what we normally carry.

First hole, first throw with no warm up and I choose the Crush. A nice LHFH hyzer and missed my first ace by a foot! :D Talk about stoked. The Comet flies straight as an arrow. It's a little heavy for my BH but for shorter approaches where I don't grab my putter it's very accurate & predictable. The flick flies very similar to my Groove just not quite as far, about 250-275. I had very little use for the Wasp. And the Tracker is almost a twin for my TeeBird, but I like it a little better.

Next day we switched up discs and went to Joseph Davis SP. The Surge SS is an ESP FLX. Too flexible for me. Not a forgiving disc. But nothing I have can do an Annie like it does. The Ace Race was nice but nothing I'd keep in my bag. The Avenger was good, but my 150g Champion Leopard is better. Since I already throw a Buzzz of about the same weight I pretty much kept it in the bag. Steady and predictable. And then there was the Elite Z Tracker. Flirted with an ace on number 14. The flight path was perfect, just what I wanted, just a little short. I think I like the ESP plastic a little better. My GF, Angie was watching my blind drive on number 20. She said if I hadn't hit the branches ovehanging the basket it was an ace. :D

We both loved the Crush. She got her longest drives so far with it. And she got some monsters with the Surge as well. Guess we're gonna fight over them until I buy another of each. But I'm thinking a different plastic for the next Surge.

All in all we couldn't be happier. Great deal on great discs! :cool:

This is one hell of a deal.

Saturday was the first opportunity to check out these new discs. My GF and I split the 10 and went to Wilson SP. We would have gone to our home course but got there just as a tournament was starting. Bummer. We know every blade of grass, every tree limb and every thorn bush like the backs of our hands. What better place to try out something new.

I took 5 discs out of my bag keeping only my Groove, Leopard and putter. I figured those 3 were my must have discs. The Groove and Leopard never left the bag. I had the Crush, Wasp, Comet, 1 of the Trackers (ESP) and the Flick. She kept the other Tracker (Z), Surge, Ace Race 2006 (Meteor), Buzzz & 150 class Avenger. I used the gottagogottathrow matrix as a guide and wrote down which disc was closest to what we normally carry.

First hole, first throw with no warm up and I choose the Crush. A nice LHFH hyzer and missed my first ace by a foot! :D Talk about stoked. The Comet flies straight as an arrow. It's a little heavy for my BH but for shorter approaches where I don't grab my putter it's very accurate & predictable. The flick flies very similar to my Groove just not quite as far, about 250-275. I had very little use for the Wasp. And the Tracker is almost a twin for my TeeBird, but I like it a little better.

Next day we switched up discs and went to Joseph Davis SP. The Surge SS is an ESP FLX. Too flexible for me. Not a forgiving disc. But nothing I have can do an Annie like it does. The Ace Race was nice but nothing I'd keep in my bag. The Avenger was good, but my 150g Champion Leopard is better. Since I already throw a Buzzz of about the same weight I pretty much kept it in the bag. Steady and predictable. And then there was the Elite Z Tracker. Flirted with an ace on number 14. The flight path was perfect, just what I wanted, just a little short. I think I like the ESP plastic a little better. My GF, Angie was watching my blind drive on number 20. She said if I hadn't hit the branches ovehanging the basket it was an ace. :D

We both loved the Crush. She got her longest drives so far with it. And she got some monsters with the Surge as well. Guess we're gonna fight over them until I buy another of each. But I'm thinking a different plastic for the next Surge.

All in all we couldn't be happier. Great deal on great discs! :cool:

not much use for the wasp ehh??? wanna trade it? :p

:eek:

:D

To be honest, I didn't give it much of a chance, but now I never will. It might just become her "go to" approach disc. She's already given up her Buzzz & Coyote.

Got my discs. let me know your thoughts:

stratus (170-172) ESP
stalker (167) Z (dynamic discs open)
zone (169) esp
drone (175) esp flx
eclipse (173) Pro D
cyclone (174) esp
buzz (173-178) LE crystal Z buzz (dynamic discs open)
avenger ss (173) Z
surge ss (170) Z
surge ss (172) Z surly golf open, sponsored surly brew co ""leave your balls at home" "crushing cans and drives since 2006)

I'm not sure about discraft, but seems like a got a good batch.

For the eclipse Pro D, i thought it was elite Z and ESP plastic only. was this a mistake and should i call them?

let me know what you guys think

kwick, when did yo place your order? I am eagerly awaiting mine and I'm rather impatient about it :rollseyes:

I don't know much about your haul as discraft is new to me (hence my buying a random lot just to see how they are), by the variety looks nice.

i placed it 10:30pm est wednesday sept 2. i used 3 day shipping (for $15 as opposed to 11 for ground)

it shipped out thursday (the day after i ordered it) and came today

stratus (170-172) ESP
zone (169) esp
drone (175) esp flx
eclipse (173) Pro D
cyclone (174) esp
avenger ss (173) Z
surge ss (170) Z
surge ss (172) Z surly golf open, sponsored surly brew co ""leave your balls at home" "crushing cans and drives since 2006)

For the eclipse Pro D, i thought it was elite Z and ESP plastic only. was this a mistake and should i call them?

this actacully looks to me like one of the better ones ive seen. most have been filled with a bunch of overstable max weight. this looks like a good mix. as for the pro-d, it actually might be an esp but it just says pro-d, hence, a misprint.

Just got mine in today. Here's what I received:

ESP Surge (166)
ESP Tracker (174)
ESP FX Avenger (168)
ESP Ace Race 2006 Meteor (170)
ESP Ace Race 2007 Impact (172)
ESP 2009 The Mob Series Buzzz (???)
Elite Z Tracker (173)
Elite Z Flick (167)
Crystal Buzzz 2009 J-Bird Player Series (???)
Crystal Wildcat 2004 PDGA Championship w/ crop circle design (???)

As I've never really thrown discraft I'm looking forward to giving all of these a good test run. I'm pretty happy with my overall order.

great call on the Pro-D. after looking at it closer, it is the same plastic as the other ESP (and the 5th esp the invoice said i'd have)

Disc Type Plastic Weight Speed Glide HSS LSS
avenger ss DistanceZ 173 10 5 -3 1
surge ss Distance Z 170 10 5 -1 2
surge ss Distance Z 172 10 5 -1 2
stalker Distance Z 167 10 5 -1 1
eclipse Fairway D esp 173 7 4 -2 2
cyclone Fairway D esp 174 7 4 -1 3
stratus Fairway D ESP 170-172 5 4 -3 1
zone Mid esp 169 4 3 0 3
drone Mid esp FLX 175 5 3 0 4
buzz Mid crystal Z 173-178 5 4 -1 1

stratus (170-172) ESP
zone (169) esp
drone (175) esp flx
eclipse (173) Pro D
cyclone (174) esp
avenger ss (173) Z
surge ss (170) Z

if you don't like that drone im sure I can find something to trade you with :) they are a very overstable midrange...for those windy days!

So the feedback is... If I have $60 do this deal?