• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Discrafts misprint deal is awesome

This is why I haven't done this deal. Although that is a very nice selection, only one of those discs would be a keeper (CryZtal Buzzz) because none of the weights on the other discs match what I throw. Getting all those nice discs in all the wrong weights would be such a let-down. Not sure if I'm pickier than others, but I only throw max weight for mids and 169-171 for drivers.

I would say that you are definatly more picky than most. I think that knowing what you want is a good thing, but that it sometimes put you in a box that really limits your options. If you throw only those weights and have never tried anything else (or have not tried for a long time) I would suggest expanding your horizons. If you are dead set against it, then this package isn't for you. Even if you split it you may be screwing over the other person with all of the putters while you take the drivers or visa versa.

It's about time.

discraftmisprint001.jpg

169g Flick, 171g Tracker, 168g Wasp, 172g Crush, 167g Surge

discraftmisprint002.jpg

150g Avenger, 174g Buzzz, 177g Comet, 174g Tracker

Need alittle help with this one
discraftmisprint003.jpg

172g "One Disc Ace Race 2006" ???

All in all I am VERY happy with what they sent. Move over Innova the misprints are coming! :D

the 2006 ace race disc is a meteor

i dont mind the variation in weight, gives me a chance to see how i like throwing in weights i usually use and some i dont. for essentially 7 dollars a disc, worst case scenario i have 10 nice discs to trade/play for...and it was definitely worth the excitement of opening a box of 10 brand new mystery discs

I like your ace race 2006 mine had black stamp.

after throwing some of my discs I recived earlier this week on field and on course this was a great deal.

gave me chance to try lower weights and a wide variety discraft discs and other are getting dyed as gifts for my friends.
thanks to this thread!!

last year discraft had sale by christmas...would this maybe include misprint deal? that would be awesome.

Thanks Tbird. What plastic is the tracker in? I'll have all the discs I get posted in this thread when the come (hopefully sooner than later) and maybe we can work something out.

And can someone tell me what crystal means?

On a side note, I made my order late last night before going to bed. I had a dream that my package came the very same day I ordered it. I was estatic, but a little bummed in the morning when I realized it was a dream.

The Tracker is an ESP. CryZtal is a tournament-only blend of plastic very much like Elite-Z but crystal clear. Don't hold your breath on the pack. The site tells you they can take up to two weeks to fill your order and ship it. Even if you choose overnight shipping, you can wind up getting your pack overnight - two weeks down the road.

This is why I haven't done this deal. Although that is a very nice selection, only one of those discs would be a keeper (CryZtal Buzzz) because none of the weights on the other discs match what I throw. Getting all those nice discs in all the wrong weights would be such a let-down. Not sure if I'm pickier than others, but I only throw max weight for mids and 169-171 for drivers.

I'm the same way as you but prefer drivers <170, but have ordered two packs and have been pleasantly surprised. I've managed to get duplicates of my go-to drivers (Surges and Forces) in the exact weights I like. The rest are discs I've never thrown and can get a feel for during field practice (and trade them for lighter weight versions).

I've also not had any trouble trading off what I've decided not to keep for discs in the weights I desire. I've even managed to get to practice dyeing on the discs I ship off and get another blank canvas on which to work a couple days later. If you're not up for the extra hassle of hitting the post office occasionally, I understand. For the record, I've made 7 trades on here and have yet to get burned (pretty great family we have here).

the 2006 ace race disc is a meteor

i dont mind the variation in weight, gives me a chance to see how i like throwing in weights i usually use and some i dont. for essentially 7 dollars a disc, worst case scenario i have 10 nice discs to trade/play for...and it was definitely worth the excitement of opening a box of 10 brand new mystery discs

Thanks.

Mine are at home waiting for me, I can't wait to get out of work and check them out. I haven't been this excited since I was 6 and it was Christmas Eve!

Hilarious

Yes you will probably be disappointed. Although you may come around and be happy later on, like I have been each time. Always disappointed at first, and then happy about it later on.

BTW the 169 ESP Surge would fit your criteria as well, so that's 2 discs for sure you could keep. Those 2 right there at normal prices would represent almost 40% of the cost of the deal, though. So with trades and sales, you still end up on top with the 8 left over. And you could even end up with some surprise keepers.

placed the order about 10:30 Wednesday night.

(did 3 day ups for $15 as opposed to ground for $11)

checked bank account this afternoon and money was gone

received email from UPS 4:30 PM for "ship notification/tracking number"

i'm very happy UPS is involved already

Just got mine in!!! Here's the haul.

Stalker Z 169g
Stalker Z 174g
Avenger Z 168g
Comet Z 177g
SurgeSS Z 170g
Crush ESP 172g
Surge ESP 171g
Cyclone ESP 173g
Cyclone ESP 165g
Impact ESP 177g

Any feedback would be appreciated. Aside from the surge I haven't thrown any of these.

Must be your screen name!

my gf gave me the nickname and now i'm getting discs quicker. i have to thank her.

ordered 9/2 at night, scheduled delivery (using 3 day shipping) is 9/8.
gonna be tough to wait that long

Just got mine in!!! Here's the haul.

Stalker Z 169g
Stalker Z 174g
Avenger Z 168g
Comet Z 177g
SurgeSS Z 170g
Crush ESP 172g
Surge ESP 171g
Cyclone ESP 173g
Cyclone ESP 165g
Impact ESP 177g

Any feedback would be appreciated. Aside from the surge I haven't thrown any of these.

The comet is a very nice midrange, nice that you got it in a heavier weight. The 171 ESP Surge is my favorite driver (and favorite weight for it also). The crush has really started to grow on me, and it's my favorite for flex shots. Impact is a really nice midrange, also nice you got in a heavier weight. I had a cyclone and didn't care for it, but gave it to a friend and it's one of his favorite drivers now.

awesome deal! I just put my order in and now I can't wait! about how long is taking for most people to get their discs? I live outside the CHI.

picture.php

Stalker Z 169g
Stalker Z 174g
Avenger Z 168g
Comet Z 177g
SurgeSS Z 170g
Crush ESP 172g
Surge ESP 171g
Cyclone ESP 173g
Cyclone ESP 165g
Impact ESP 177g

picture.php

Stalker Z 169g
Stalker Z 174g
Avenger Z 168g
Comet Z 177g
SurgeSS Z 170g
Crush ESP 172g
Surge ESP 171g
Cyclone ESP 173g
Cyclone ESP 165g
Impact ESP 177g

nice haul! a really good mix of discs. this is driving me nuts! I need my new discs! ahhhhhhhh!

but seriously though, 10 discs @ $6 a peice? please. this deal can't be beat. :D

Just put my orde in for ESP/z! Selected pick up: how long do I wait to pick 'em up? Where do I go when I get there? Thanks

Latest posts