• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

discs you just despise

There is not a single disc that I actually hate. However, I've come to severely dislike anything molded by Innova, except the Rhyno, and Discraft molds in general.

Bought an xout Roc because the Buzzz is my favorite disc so I thought I'd give it's competition a shot, just don't like how it sits in my hand. I certainly don't hate it though, a disc I do hate is (big surprise!) the Groove. My buddy had one and he told me to try it, good heavens I hated that thing. When I couldn't throw FH very well I told him to give me the Groove for a practice throw...parked the damn thing and it only increased my hatred more because I kept trying to duplicate the shot and hoping but it never did it again.

Blizz ape= WTF roller?! Anything with "Ape" stamped on it, regardless of its ~145g weight should NOT flip and roll more than my vip Northman....Threw one the other day and went for a huge hyzer shot, ended up flipping up...and then over...and then rolling,

my experience as well, cheers

Don't hate it, but I didn't enjoy the Vibram Sole. I thought I would like it because it felt similar to magnets in the hand, but it flies more overstable than my Bangers. Oh well, now it's up for trade!

Too add to my list of hated discs

Both the Wahoo and the Dragon. After trying the Hydra and really liking it, I wanted to try the other floaters. The Dragon turns over every bleeping time I throw it, and I have no control at all with the Wahoo.

I have to agree with those of you that said that you can't really "hate" any disc, but there are definitely some that I won't throw anymore due to the feel or just that they don't fly right for me:

Roc - uncomfortable
12x Pearly Firebird - mine is a meathook and the plastic is garbage, got road rash after the first throw on some sand and light gravel
Aviar - No reason other than the people I know that throw them think that you don't know what's up unless you throw an Aviar (I throw Rhynos and Tanks all day)
Destroyer - I know I know, everyone loves them, but I'm sick of the inconsistency. One of my favorite drivers ever was a Destroyer, as was one of my least favorite
Nukes - It's a love/hate thing, same issues that I have with the Destroyers

And then the Aerobie Epic - The biggest love/hate relationship I've ever had with a disc. These things are made of the worst plastic ever, you think DX is bad? At the same time, I've thrown 550 ft. thumbers with this thing, so I can't totally hate it.

Why hate a disc that doesn't work for you? Just don't throw it.

No, the discs I hate are the ones I keep in my bag because they're spectacular 13% of the time, and running up my score the rest. The ones that keep whispering that if I just work with them, they'll learn to fly great every throw.

I once had a temperamental beast that was, easily, the longest disc in my bag......when it worked. The stroke I lost as it sank to the bottom of a gator-filled pond was one of the best penalty strokes I ever took.

I went on a Lat 64 trip for a while. I picked up any and everything from them and have to say that the Trident might be one of the most useless discs. So slow and such a meathook, I can surely find another route if I am in a situation where it would be useful.

An honorable mention goes to the Quest AT 10M Crossfire. "Doh" is all I can say for purchasing that one.

Latest posts