• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

discs you just despise

Leopard.

I keep wanting to like it because I love my other slower drivers (JLS, TL, Teebird), but they just don't fly consistently for me. Sometimes it flips like crazy, other times it seems as stable as a new Teebird. I've given them so many chances, it is ridiculous.

Or is it ?

Funny thread !

Lots of the worst discs listed are my go-to discs , many I could play as the only disc I would use if I could only choose one .

Reminds me of talking about guitars , ball golf , skis , and even mountain bikes to co-workers .

Many times the answer is ;

It's not the arrow , it's the archer....:doh:

I don't like the raging inferno; though I did ace with one, but that's another story.

1 more vote for the Nuke OS.
Hands down the worst disc I have ever thrown.

I think it just takes really bad form to get results with it.
I played against a guy that threw one for his distance shots.
He threw FH (almost from the 3/4 arm slot) and every time I thought it was going to turn into a roller.
But, as ridiculously OS as that disc is, it fought out of it and flexed back consistently every time.

Champ Mamba... 1 out of every 5 throws is a thing of beauty, the other 4 are just that bad....

High speed drivers in baseline plastic. One tree hit and they're garbage.

I also have a thing against Magnets, because they have such an awesome flight path off the tee and putt like a dream but I hate the way the rim feels.

See, I love the way the Magnets rim feels, but hate the way it putts. I wish that my Omegas felt like the Magent or the Magnet flew like my Omegas.

Starfire. Have had 2 different ones and can't get anything out of them. I have instead a xxx and giant to fill that overstable gap.

Leopard.

I keep wanting to like it because I love my other slower drivers (JLS, TL, Teebird), but they just don't fly consistently for me. Sometimes it flips like crazy, other times it seems as stable as a new Teebird. I've given them so many chances, it is ridiculous.

No joke! I bought one of those cherry red SE plastic Leopards when they were all coming out (1999? 2000?). Loved THAT Leopard, until I lost it. It predictably flipped and held its line for me. A Champion Leopard, though? It'll flip if I execute the throw properly, but just barely miss hitting the "sweet spot" of the snap during my throw? It'll bail left like a Banshee.

I've never thrown a standard DX Leopard. I'm guessing it's more consistent with what it's supposed to do.

(I've moved on to the Road Runner for that shot now...)

The archangel was pointless, as was the QK. I can confirm the groove is/was awful too. It is a toss up between these three for me. They have provided nothing positive for me in my golf game. Next time I might set $15 on fire before I buy the next overly-hyped disc.

The katana. Well the beefy one I threw a few times. Worst supposedly understable disc ever. It and my weirdly overstable eco valk made me stop buying innova. I hate wasting money on a disc that isn't molded right.

Nuke SS. I could just never get it to do what I wanted on holes long enough to use it. Yet there are a couple of discs that fly just like it that have brought me my farthest throws. When I threw it in the river the normal sting you feel when you lose a disc just wasn't there.

A few discs that I have thrown and not liked at the time due to my poor form:
- Beast
-Illusion
-Aviar
-Arcangel
-Vector
Those discs are fine and there is nothing wrong with them, it was all me at the time. In fact, I carry a vector now...

The discs I have trouble with as a matter of concept:
-*Blizzard* (if you can't throw a "normal" driver well, do not try for a lighter one... you can't cheat good form)
- Nuke OS and SS
If you can throw a Blizzard well, and use it in the right situations, kudos and I am not ranting about you. This is what posting at 3:40 does...

How in the hell can the Buzzz show up on this list even one time? Anyway, put me down for the Groove and his stupid little brother, the Monarch.

I think it just takes really bad form to get results with it.
I played against a guy that threw one for his distance shots.
He threw FH (almost from the 3/4 arm slot) and every time I thought it was going to turn into a roller.
But, as ridiculously OS as that disc is, it fought out of it and flexed back consistently every time.

Sounds like I need to get a Nuke OS. I throw my Max just like that. The most predictable disc in my bag.

Latest posts