• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] [Discussion] What are your favorite microbrand disc manufacturers?

I hopped on this thread to cast a vote for daredevil, so it is nice to see several others chiming in ahead of me. I owe a lot of my personal enjoyment of the game and my own development comes courtesy of this brand. The woodchuck, the timberwolf, and the mammoth were all immediate additions to my bag. The ogopogo took some time to recognize the value of... Until I realized it was a perfect replacement for my os mid slot. My biggest complaint about daredevil is the color choices. Other than that, I love their flex performance and elastic performance molds!

So. I may or may not have lost my is utility putter today. And I may or may not be typing this from the course. *May or may not*, just to clarify. If this were the case, would anyone be able to hook me up with a Scale to replace said disc that I may or may not have lost.
:doh:

What plastic was your scale?

I have a soft spot for Quest AT. I have bagged their discs on and off over the last 12 years. Their recent run of Crossfires are kind of cool. It's made in a "champion" style plastic but it floats in water at ~150 grams and is super cheap. It makes a great disc for one disc rounds where a lost disc is possible, and a loaner disc for new players. The flight is similar to a beat up Wizard(the disc is a Wizard copy.)

I'd have to go with RDG as well. Scale has become my favorite putting putter. And the Stego is just stupid fun the try and throw!

I have a soft spot for Quest AT. I have bagged their discs on and off over the last 12 years. Their recent run of Crossfires are kind of cool. It's made in a "champion" style plastic but it floats in water at ~150 grams and is super cheap. It makes a great disc for one disc rounds where a lost disc is possible, and a loaner disc for new players. The flight is similar to a beat up Wizard(the disc is a Wizard copy.)

The only PDGA approved disc they make I would not recommend in either old brittle plastic or new plastic a floppy version is the Champion like plastic, as Dogobie or the other catch disc that Aerobie makes of same flex is the 10 m Brick. Even the 10 m Crossfire, a 180 gram max diameter putter version of the Comet I would recommend.

Shame if the 10 m Brick was made in a stiffer non brittle plastic, the disc would be worth it to use.

I just picked up a Radar from Storm Disc Golf. Only one round with it so far, but I think it might be the putting putter I have been looking for forever - a Judge but with just a little less fade at the end and maybe a touch more glide. Really liking it in the Category 1 plastic.

I just picked up a Radar from Storm Disc Golf. Only one round with it so far, but I think it might be the putting putter I have been looking for forever - a Judge but with just a little less fade at the end and maybe a touch more glide. Really liking it in the Category 1 plastic.

One of their sponsored players gave me a Radar last month. It's not going to knock the Warden out of my bag, but it's definitely threatening my Mercy for that straight driving putter slot.

Black Zombie has some great discs.

Chainsaw (3,5,0,1): Great for putting and straight flying approach shots.

Shotgun (5,5,0,2): Good for hyzers and straight-to-fade shots.

Crossbow (5,5,-1,0): Shorter turnover shots.

Berserker (12,4,0,3): Overhand shots and skip shots.

Flamethrower (11.5,6,-2,2): Longer turnovers or tailwind drives.

Storm Discs would be my second place vote. The Maelstrom and Abyss are staples in my bag.

Never heard of Black Zombie. Are they newer?

Never heard of Black Zombie. Are they newer?

Relatively new. Their first disc was the Chainsaw and it was approved in January, 2016. If I remember correctly, they started out as a clothing line for skateboarding and then redesigned themselves to disc golf clothing before making discs.