• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Diy basket

Nenja

Eagle Member
Since I work at a hardware store I've decided to make my own basket.

Not sure if I'll make a portable one even though it seems smarter and cheaper than making 2 stationary.

I'm not a huge fan of plastic even though it might be the simple way to get the bottom part.

An idea was to simply use spare wood which would be for free but require quite some nailing. Making a octagon bottom should be easy however.

Any advice welcome as I start looking around for usable parts! :)

Search on Youtube. There are many who have gone before you. And some have of course made videos.

I would go with more sides than an octagon for the cage. The smoother you can make the pieces connect, the less damage your discs will encounter when you hit the cage. Unless you mean the base, then wood would be fine.

If I were making a home built target, I'd be building a tone pole. In fact way back when I built two and putted between them. The construction is simpler, cheaper and much easier.

Go easy on yourself.

attachment.php

i just finished up my diy basket. went with a grill I found on craigslist for $10 and pvc. The center pvc unscrews and lays inside the grill so it closes and then the legs fold making it nice to travel with. Use what ya got and be creative!

Attachments

• 20170425_193620.jpg
    20170425_193620.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 62
  • 20170425_193636.jpg
    20170425_193636.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 41
I planned on making one before my wife bought me a portable basket- I was going to use a PVC pole, a plastic barrel bottom for the basket, and a damaged bicycle wheel for the chain supports. You can get a free wheel from a bike shop and possibly a piece of barrel from a scrapyard. The chain is the expensive part