• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DIY Disc Golf Backpack

Pretty stable!

How well does the ogio stand up on its own? On side hills?
There's no internal frame so it's a bit floppy with the pockets unzipped. But it's got the weight down low so it stands up on it's own pretty good. If you dont set it up right it will roll down the hill. But this could happen with a regular DG bag too so...

Okay, I've had this put together for a couple weeks now, and finally took some pics. I used all 1/2" pvc pipe and connectors, mainly because the store didn't have 3/4" at the time I went. Once the pipes were cut, everything fit together perfect, the most difficult part was zipping the internal middle divider back up after I'd put the frame in. I've currently got 16 discs in the bottom, 2 putters in the pocket and 4-5 more putters in the top. In one pic I've got 9 discs crammed in the top. It's great for carrying a few more discs for practice and whatnot. Overall I'm very pleased with the way it came out. Total cost: about $40. $35 shipped for the backpack from eBay plus $5 or so for PVC from my local hardware store. Good times!
IMG_2353.jpg

IMG_2356.jpg

IMG_2357.jpg

IMG_2360.jpg

Just wanted to say thanks for the Idea steve, i bought this bag on the cheap from ebay and put this together with the instruction you left. Worked out perfect and i fell in love with it the first day out with it. I've only got to play one round with it so far but i have a tourny saturday, i'm excited to see how it'll treat me on a full day of DG

I have a season of use on mine already and it has no significant wear. I did not plasti-dip it or do anything else to protect it. The fabric used on the bottom is thicker than the fabric the bag is made of. I did have a zipper pull (peice of string attached to the zipper) come loose but thats not a big issue and is easily fixed.

Just bought one of these from steve a and it's awesome. Holds plenty of discs plus room for LOTS of extras while playing. The biggest plus for me is it's just a super comfortable bag to wear and that was my main motivation for getting one of these.

He still has some for sale so PM him!

I got one from Steve as well and love it. To the person that was considering extending the frame and putting a seat on top, before I got my Swiss Gear pack from Steve, I got a Deuter ACT 40+10 pack and did that with it. It is certainly do-able... People around here are kind of freaking out about it because it's soooooo coooool. I got the Swiss Gear one to try the plasti-dip on the bottom because I didn't want to do it to the Deuter (NOT a cheap pack!). Plasti-dipping the bottom of the pack works excellent though.

- JPB

Last edited:
IMG_20120312_205811.jpg

IMG_20120312_210109.jpg

IMG_20120312_205907.jpg

IMG_20120312_205945.jpg

IMG_20120312_205840.jpg

So after a failed attempt at my recent backpack turned dg bag due to poor quality. This is my second attempt. It is a high sierra trail pack, it seems any hiking pack with an internal frame and bottom pocket seems to work if it is wide enough.

I used my innova u divider sideways instead of pvc and holds up really well.

Bought for 60 dollars, originally priced and 120 at deek and brians next adventure.

Latest posts