• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DIY Disc Golf Storage Bag.

bubbadreier

Par Member
I searched for a thread like this but I didn't find anything along these lines other than the modified bag thread, so...

Has anyone ever made a disc golf bag, or modified a duffel or any bag into a disc golf bag?

Here is the one I just did! The frame is built out of PVC and the bag is an army surplus tool bag, total cost is about $20!

IMG_5582.jpg

Here is the frame in the bag.

IMG_5581.jpg

It holds 24 mids and putters. (15 putters)
IMG_5580.jpg

Closed up!
Show me yours and tell me what you think.

Last edited:
I did this one for storage but they have smaller versions of the same bag at the army surplus store I bought this one at. So I will probably make a smaller one that I can take to play with me. As far as actually making it, I got a bunch of help from throwfromthewoods. The frame he made for his Crunch Box is what inspired me to make this. (I made one for my crunch box as well).

Basically you need four 1/2 inch 90 degree elbows, four 1/2 inch 90 degree side outs (the ones with three holes) and a long piece of PVC piping that you can cut to fit what ever bag you want to put it into. I had to buy 4 male threaded couplings because the 90 degree side outs I found had one threaded port. Then I just cut the pipe to fit.

If you want you can PM me and I can give more details.

I have used duffel bags for years for disc golf.
I like the comfy padded handles.
Backpack straps just get soggy and muddy around here, as soon as they touch the ground,then they just cheese up your clothes, so I think they are inferior, as is any bag designed for disc golf, so far.
My black Nike Brasilia V XS duffel is my only bag, and its still going strong after two years.
4391625914_6188fe3c15_m.jpg

I normally carry 10-15 discs, which fit easily in the main compartment, and my two Vibram putters live in the wet/dry pocket on one end.

I always carry a bottle of soda or water with a cap,never an open container, so a dedicated drink holder is just a waste for me, the bottle is fine inside the main compartment.
Plus, I can carry up to 3 liters on hot days, this has come in handy.

Pencil, marker, scorecard,tape, keys, phone, quarters, live in the zipped up pocket on the other end.
It can also hold a sweater, a raincoat, extra food, or whatever else I need to cram in.

Or,if I'm practicing, up to 40 discs.
4391625920_3746c85577_m.jpg

Thats right, 40, go ahead and count them.
Its lighter, which means less fatigue, than any DG bag made today.

I still cant find a good reason to switch to anything else.

I paid 15 bucks for the black one, but scored a new blue one a couple months ago, for $ 8.00. :D
Still using the black one, blue has running gear in it, but I will make the switch as soon as it dries out around here.

I also have a brand new fancy shmancy orange/khaki Innova Comp bag, never been used, its way heavier than the Nikes are, so I guess I will use it for picnics, to carry cold fried chicken and potato salad, other wise its useless. :(
Coulda got 6 fresh Nike bags for the price of the Comp bag. :doh: