• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DNF's at Texas Championships

durkmcgurk

I noticed Uli and a couple others ended up DNF'ing the tournament last weekend. Jomez eluded to Uli dropping due to the sandy/slippery ground.
I was just curious if anyone knew what exactly happened to cause Uli, Thomas Gilbert, and Jesse Ginthum to cut it short?

Sorry if this isn't the appropriate section.

Don't think they quit due to the ground conditions, but maybe bad footing led to injuries? I don't actually know what the injuries were. This is currently being discussed in other threads, but the game can be hard on the body sometimes.

Don't think they quit due to the ground conditions, but maybe bad footing led to injuries? I don't actually know what the injuries were. This is currently being discussed in other threads, but the game can be hard on the body sometimes.

That's what I was thinking, not necessarily, "the ground is slippery...I quit." but more-so somebody falling or twisting an ankle/knee.

I'll look around for the other thread as well.

Uli blew out his ACL a couple years ago towards the beginning of a season and pretty much took the year off.

Dunno if it was a precautionary thing or a completely different injury.

He was probably wearing skate shoes too....

It's the earth's fault!

I've seen a large influx of Vans shoes on tour over the past couple years. Not sure if this is a result of form or function. In my experience, shoes like this are smoother off the tee, but slip around everywhere else around the course.

I've seen a large influx of Vans shoes on tour over the past couple years. Not sure if this is a result of form or function. In my experience, shoes like this are smoother off the tee, but slip around everywhere else around the course.

finally time to implement my idea of teepad shoes fairway shoes and green shoes cuz there isnt one shoe designed to be the best in every scenario/condition and ive found the cure

find me on kickstarter

audio syncrazy is my brand

i will be reaching out to uli later today cuz it doesnt sound like he was properly prepared for adverse conditions and this could prevent injury and other dnfs

i also thought the same thing, these are for concrete and grip tape. Vans aren't made for the elements so to speak, not made for trekking thru the woods.

I've trekked through woods and climbed mountains with a piece of rubber strapped to my feet. It's not the shoes, Eagle wears minimalist footwear like I do and has had no more problems than others with grip on the greens. Plenty of players wore "appropriate" footwear at The Thorn and still had problems with footing in the sand.

I recently started wearing ASICS Gel-Scrams and so far they seem to be the best all-around disc golf shoes I've worn so far.

They grip well on the teepads and they are pretty much built for trail running so they seem to be holding up pretty well so far.

I've trekked through woods and climbed mountains with a piece of rubber strapped to my feet. It's not the shoes, Eagle wears minimalist footwear like I do and has had no more problems than others with grip on the greens. Plenty of players wore "appropriate" footwear at The Thorn and still had problems with footing in the sand.

You say it's not about the shoes, and then reference Eagle wearing $250+ Vivobarefoot hiking shoes as your evidence??? Gotcha. :thmbup:

You say it's not about the shoes, and then reference Eagle wearing $250+ Vivobarefoot hiking shoes as your evidence??? Gotcha. :thmbup:

Yup

pretty sure most people would scoff at the tread on these
picture.php

When it comes to footwear that works for a person, it's very individualized. What works for Eagle means very little about what works for someone else.

When it comes to footwear that works for a person, it's very individualized. What works for Eagle means very little about what works for someone else.

Vans shoes on tour was kinda where the subject was going, the point I was trying to make is that the footwear doesn't really matter. You can wear the chonkiest hikers and still slip in the sand at The Thorn. The fact that you see more vans and comfort style shoes on tour should tell you that pros have started to realize that footwear isn't the issue.....alot of times anyways, some chonk might help in wet grass, but mud and sand don't care about what you wear.

Latest posts