• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Do all Orcs hate their owners?

I had a love/hate relationship with my Champion Orc until one day it all clicked...

Then I go out to Kilborne, the day they opened the course with modifications to the front nine and all long tees. Hole #1 took the biggest hit, and is now an anny shot, about 270. Lets just say;
Not enough anny,
Ate heavy brush and trees,
Lost 2 hours looking for it.

Would love to have another one...too bad the last batch I ordered didn't include one, because I ordered it hours before I ended up losing it. I hate falling in love with a disc, only to see it disappear

I had a love/hate relationship with my Champion Orc until one day it all clicked...

Then I go out to Kilborne, the day they opened the course with modifications to the front nine and all long tees. Hole #1 took the biggest hit, and is now an anny shot, about 270. Lets just say;
Not enough anny,
Ate heavy brush and trees,
Lost 2 hours looking for it.

Would love to have another one...too bad the last batch I ordered didn't include one, because I ordered it hours before I ended up losing it. I hate falling in love with a disc, only to see it disappear

i have one i never use if your interested.

Mayb. I spent over an hour helping my friend look for his Orc. Eventually we finally found it.

Interesting that it is the Orc that is malicious. A friend of mine has lost several Champion Orcs...why is that? Thinking logically, maybe it is because it is such a popular disc and thrown often so lost often? :confused:

I missed throwing an orc so I decided to buy a new one, Star Orc. It's still too new, can't wait until I break it in. I think I have a love-hate relationship with the Orcs.

I'm amazed to hear that the creator of this thread has had the same bad luck I have had with my Orc. And I do swear they are cursed. The very first time I threw my Champ Orc was into a slight headwind and it turned over and crashed and burned into the only thick brush and trees on the course. It took me and my friend a half hour to find it.

The very next time I threw it was downhil a ski slope and it hyzered real hard into a gang of trees and rocks. I found it 40 minutes later. I now keep it in my car because I'm afraid to throw it.....it makes me look bad!!!

It would have been great to read this first, just yesterday, I bought a bright neon green orc, took it to a wide open field & I went home without it......2 hours later! :confused:

Not all Orcs are bad.

This one is one of my Favs!!

Aced hole #7 at Toccoa, Ga. 429'

Was the CTP for my division also!!

IN_C_ORC_sized.jpg

I found a 162 star orc about a month ago, no markings whatsoever. It's pretty well beat in and much lighter than anything else I throw. Needless to say, I feel like I can throw that thing a mile compared to my 175 plastic, it's a good feeling. I do notice that it takes off fast but dies quickly after it turns over and starts to slow down (i.e., not much glide) not sure if that is an orc thing. If I am not paying attention to my release, I will flip it and send it a mile into the wrong direction (right).

I also find that I can flick the hell out of it which is great for me because I am flick-challenged. I guess i've been trying to flick with 175s and it's just too heavy a disc for me to get any rpms on. I also use it on shorter anny holes (rhbh) where a right turn followed by a quick turnover is required, I guess the lighter weight allows me to get the full helix with less distance. It's stable enough so that I know it's coming back if I anny it. It's my go-to disc on #3 at Circle C for that reason.

I was out this am and I used it as my thumber disc and was able to control it with better distance than my normal thumber go-to. It's earned a place in my bag.

A guy I play league with has been using his champ orc for 6 years. You can barely tell what it is but its still working for him! So not all orcs are bad.