• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Do you ever decline an offer to play through?

Of course my favorite is to join up and play WITH the group - that way you can get 10-15-20 people in a group and basically take over the whole d@mn course :D

i'll decline if i'm throwing multiple discs..or if it's hot as hell and i'm in no big rush.

This is usually me. I play solo 90% of the time working on distance and lines so I like to throw multiples quite often or on a new course. My problem is that if I am playing well, even throwing multiples - then then I often am right on the heels of the guys who just asked me if I wanted to play through. I usually end up 'practicing' putting or something to keep from pressuring them.

The opposite happened to me two weeks back though... When I stepped up to hole 1 right behind two guys who wanted to throw at least six discs on that hole. Whatever. No worries. Then they say hi to me and proceed to throw three more and go on. I wound up joining the group that walked up behind me so I wouldn't be stuck on every teepad for 20 minutes... And then they let my new group play through on 3.

I've had this a couple times - I've walked up to a group of kids who were all decked out in their disc golf gear and apparently they 'owned' the course because they didn't care about anyone behind them - they were throwing 4-5 throws per person even walking halfway back up the fairway to throw additional discs. Wound up skipping the hole they were on and going back later.

I'll do it when I'm almost done with a course. No point in rushing through one of the last few holes. Plus around here everybody starts at odd holes so catching up a to a group just starting while you're finishing happens quite a bit.

I usually play in a group, and sometimes a single player or smaller group will be looking for a disc or trying to retrieve a disc and invite to play through, and we'll help them out instead.

Also, I sometimes like to practice a hole, and when I arrive to practice it, there might be a large group on it inviting me to play through and then I decline.

Occasionally, after finishing the front nine at the home course, I've bumped into a group that was starting on the back nine and was offered to play through on Hole 10, and I've declined because I started on the back nine too and was done.

I've also done it when I've started at a weird point in the course and only had a few holes to go and didn't mind waiting.

I got my friend into the sport and when I go out and play with him and we catch up to someone he will always decline to play through because he thinks the people will judge him when he throws his 150 DX Leopard 100ft. So we usually just practice putting

If I don't have any plans afterwards, sometimes I will decline. Learning to slow down is important for tournament play.

^^^ I used to rush through rush through rush through, and my rounds were great. Getting in a groove is a good thing sometimes. But as I realized I needed to learn to play well no matter the timing, I've started declining.

I also throw like poop when there's a group of six scatted around me. Mainly because they offer to let me play through and then yell and converse while I tee-off....I know I should work on my focus, but something about that just irks me.