• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Do you have the WEDGE? (Yeah, I changed it. Don't go all Vegan Ray on me for it.)

As far as the Protostars go, Disc Golf Values had some, but they're gone (last time I checked). DGC had five when I bought mine. I didn't see any at MS, Prime, DGN, DN, or GGGT.

Bagged a Star yesterday @ slightly lighter weight 168...gotta wait until next weekend before I can try it though

Can't believe there's been no other reviews on here...i guess people must think of it as a 'kiddie disc' because of the edge program?

Last edited:
One of my friends had one on the course the other day. I only tossed it around 10 times but my first impression is that it is like half mid half putter. It felt like a zone but not crazy overstable and kind of preformed like a classic roc. Interesting but not sure it is what I am looking for.

However this would be a good disc for youth and first time players

CHEERS - Koffee

i went and put hands on one the other day. the rim felt way too small and it was too low-profiled. i couldn't even properly grip it with my giant bony gnarled bass player hands

All you wide rim haters shoulda been all over this...

I just dont see a need for it, but I guess Im not a "wide rim hater" as that is what Im going to be looking for next as I feel im more ready for them.

As for this thing though; I already have trouble deciding if I can get there with my putter or if I need to switch to my mid. Something in the tweener spot there would just be unneccessary and make the disc selection harder.

As for this thing though; I already have trouble deciding if I can get there with my putter or if I need to switch to my mid. Something in the tweener spot there would just be unneccessary and make the disc selection harder.

wizard. when it doubt throw wizard

I did some putting with it today and think it's a piece of crap putter but awesome for drives. I don't like it under 200 ft. I feel like I'd be able to throw it further than my wizards, I'll take to to a field tomorrow to see how it handles full power

you would think if the classic roc and a dart hooked up there may be some age of consent law in violated.....

Just ordered a Wedge. I liked the Stingray and Ive used the Meteor. The Stingray turns over kinda easy and the Meteor seems to be the Discraft brother to the Wedge according to reviews of flight characteristics. Im curious as to whether it will fly as far as the Meteor though. Ive had a lot of good shots with that. Cant wait to try this understable short game and putt disc. Reviews say its not really a mid-range though. Been waiting for a diverse disc like this for short trouble shots. :clap:

I had a chance to throw my new 175 gram Star disc today.
This disc seems to perform as specified. It has great glide and is slightly faster than my new Champion XD, with very little fade at the end.

I'm glad I got the Star plastic though, the DX would be extremely flippy out of the box.
Not much good for putting today because of the winds, its got too much lift for that, but it will go very straight downwind on approach shots.

The grip is very comfortable for me, I can get a better driver grip on the Wedge, the beveled edge makes it easier for me to sit my index finger on the rim than I can with the XD.

Being able to get more power on it means it will probably go farther in a straight line than the XD, future tests should confirm this.
For now it stays in the bag.