• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Does anyone throw a FL???

NCStatePlaya

Birdie Member
I just picked one of these up, have yet to throw it. I guess what I was looking for is a TeeBird like disc that I could crank down on. I throw a 173ish champ teebird that seems to turn over a bit when I rip the piss out of it. Just looking for players that throw or have thrown the disc and what they think about it.

I throw an FL, and I probably throw it more than anything else in my bag, except my rocs and putters. I can crank on mine, and it always does the same thing, dead straight (no high speed turn) with a hard fade at about 280'-300', for my power... I love it, super dependable, but not so crazy overstable that you can't throw good golf lines with it

I throw a FL. It's one of the oldest discs in my current bag. I mainly use it as my flick driver, but do throw it backhand in the wind or when I need a big skip shot to the left.

I used an FL for quite a while. And then I found a PD.

FL may work but I think the PD is the best option for a more overstable teebird. I've only thrown one and it's a first run so I don't know how the different runs/plastics are. Plenty of PD experts on here that could chime in. Don't think a FL will have teebird glide til it gets beat in pretty good.

FL may work but I think the PD is the best option for a more overstable teebird. I've only thrown one and it's a first run so I don't know how the different runs/plastics are. Plenty of PD experts on here that could chime in. Don't think a FL will have teebird glide til it gets beat in pretty good.

Gimme that 1st Run PD!!!

i have a star fl in my bag and throw it into headwinds, flicks, etc. i'm not sure its a more beefy teebird, more like a glidy firebird.

Latest posts