• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Does it count?

It is a hole in one, it is not an ace. I would feel good about it and remember it but not add it to the ace count.

roadkill said:
Let me answer your question with a question.

Suppose you're playing a casual round and you have a great drive on a difficult hole that very few if any have ever birdied. You're 40' away. You putt, you miss. You try again from the same lie and miss again. On your fourth attempt it goes in.

The question is: would you tell others that you birdied the hole?

i would tell myself that i'm capable of birdieing the hole and tell others that i made a sweet drive that led to a second-chance birdie. :D

If you're throwing on a Tuesday and your first shot goes in the basket but the disc was orange, it's after 5 pm, and you rolled it up a ramp you had built at the base of the basket does that count? And what about Naomi?

Will Aubrey said:
If you're throwing on a Tuesday and your first shot goes in the basket but the disc was orange, it's after 5 pm, and you rolled it up a ramp you had built at the base of the basket does that count? And what about Naomi?

Nope, you forgot that the Mars Star had to be aligned with Jupiter.

If you threw it in the basket from the teepad, it's an ace. It just doesn't feel as good as a first throw ace.

Jerry R said:
I'm kind of relieved, when I first saw the title of this thread, I thought I'd open it and see a picture of a disc stuck in the side of the basket.

I voted no.

I'll echo that entire post.

I really don't even understand the confusion -- It would be an ace only if it was "THE" designated drive on that hole, during an actual "round" of disc golf, right? I mean, come on...

So NO, I would certainly not add this to my list of aces (which for me, right now, consists of one).

here in norcal it is customary (though not required) to give someone $5 if you are playing with them and they ace.
if the second shot or whatever goes in... i ain't giving them my $5! i'll definitely get excited and pat them on the back, though, depending on the feat. if it's a 100' "hole" and they throw 20 discs at it i'll probably just go "woah, right on" and throw my next practice up shot.

if other people want to count the second shot ace, that's fine by me. just for myself, in my book, it ain't an ace. it's up the person who threw it, ultimately. it really isn't something to get heated over, until they want my $5

Will Aubrey said:

Nah, the orange plastic molded weird and it's way too understable to use as a basket-ramp roller. I heard the super domey yellow ones were the way to go for this shot... :lol:

Ok then...

My first ace.

Happened during a practice round in which i was playing two lie.
Two tee shots, one sidearmed, one backhand, play out the lies however I see fit (after tee's it doesn't matter: sidearm, backhand, overhand, whatever).

Came to the hole and threw my backhand...nice lie for a duece but not the ace.

Throw my sidearm, thought I had thrown it too far to the right but the disc then turns, heads straight for the basket, and crashes into the chains, sticking.

Ace or no ace???

NO, if it would have been in on the first shot i would count it. the reason i would not is becasue you already shaped the line and gauged the throw with your first shot. put it this way if you were playing in a tourny would you mark down a 1. it is a ace shot but i would not want someone to sign my disc.

I'd say yes to the post two above. Tow different throws (BH & FH) and playing both lies (essentialy tow rounds for the price of one). BH shaping doesn't correlat to FH shaping too well.

What about at an ace race w/ two shots drives per hole & that's it? 1st misses and 2nd goes in? Or maybe an ace while standing on a towel, does that count?

pd

This is one of those things that can be argued forever for both sides. Its like the whole pop vs soda issue(which pop is the clear winner here) theres always going to be some grey area involved.

now lets all have a group hug

Latest posts